How do I get rid of ants!? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last year I had a problem with these tiny little ants crawling all over my kitchen. I put a little borax down on the counter near where I saw them coming in through the wall and where they had their preferred pathway. They disappeared and didn't come back this summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Borax and Sugar. Mix the two and put it inside and behind the kitchen cabinets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I swear by black pepper. You dump it into whatever crack they are coming through and they won't go through it. Used this method twice (once at work) and never saw another ant again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of great ideas here! I've been living in Malaysia and the Philippines over the past 5 years and you ain't seen nothing yet till you visit those countries. Ants are everywhere! I prefer not to kil the whole nest, but those scouts have to go! I zap them when I find them near food in the house (or anywhere in the house for that matter) with either white vinegar or a couple of teaspoons of liquid dish soap into a small amount of water (mint oil or citrus rind oil will also help when mixed with water). That zaps the ants and also kills their scent - dead!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bluefram View Post
    Lots of great ideas here! I've been living in Malaysia and the Philippines over the past 5 years and you ain't seen nothing yet till you visit those countries. Ants are everywhere! I prefer not to kil the whole nest, but those scouts have to go! I zap them when I find them near food in the house (or anywhere in the house for that matter) with either white vinegar or a couple of teaspoons of liquid dish soap into a small amount of water (mint oil or citrus rind oil will also help when mixed with water). That zaps the ants and also kills their scent - dead!
    Same here in Australia.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by seattleLMP View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I swear by black pepper. You dump it into whatever crack they are coming through and they won't go through it. Used this method twice (once at work) and never saw another ant again.
    I think they just go blind because of black pepper and tell the others not to go there But if serious, different ant types require different solutions. Yeah, they all can be repelled with acidic stuff like borax which makes their life super uncomfortable but does not repel them completely. According to this ant extermination guide, first of all, you should eliminate all sources which attract them, which could be leftovers and moisture. Only after that, you start spreading traps and spilling borax or vinegar everywhere.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We used a product called Defense (sold in hardware stores) and sprayed it around the outside of our home and inside where wall meets flooring. We haven't had a problem since and that was 10 years ago....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123