Got fruit flies? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My sure fire remedy is to put leftover fruit peels in a torn-open plastic bag - placed on a couple thicknesses of newspaper. They wil flock to it - spray the little devils with bug spray, oven cleaner, whatever you have. I rid my house of them in a couple hours using this method.
    OH - sometimes they live in the kitchen drains. Spray RAID down the drain and immediately cover it with a saucer or a piece of plastic wrap. (do it before you go to bed at night)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The past couple of year the fruit flies have been horrible. This summer I used the apple cider vinegar with a drop of dishwashing detergent and that really seems to have helped with the problem. I also try to keep an eye out on the fruit and remove any fruit or veggy pealings out of the house asap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Too Funny a coincidence. Tonight I will put out a bowl of hot soapy water and see if that really works. It's the downside of the farmers market shopping. I'll report back on how/if it works.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am notorious for leaving a little bit of coffee in my cup (with splenda and liquid coffee-mate in it) on the kitchen counter. IF there are any fruit flies, they flock to the cup and drown. Now I don't feel so bad about not rinsing my cup!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

funny.. we got them so bad one time we did just about anything.. i did pour vinegar and soap down the drain. and covered them at night. i put syrup or grape jelly on the inside of a folded paper towel and squished it (leaving the juice showing) then when they landed we smooshed them with the fly swatter.. they also seemed to like my dishrag so i would leave it so i could get a bunch, zapped them with the pam spray (lol) and smooshed them..lol..
    needless to say we barely rarely have them. now when we do we do the apple cider vinegar in a bowl with serane wrap on it with a few holes..just felt like sharing my crazy life of fruit flies...lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In the summer when they join our home, I put this recipe in a bowl on the counter with plastic wrap over it with a few small holes in it, the secret is letting them in but not letting them out!!
    They also LOVE beer, we drink beer out of the bottles and they are too stupid to get out of the bottle!
    for house flies I burn a potpouri burner with cloves in it, they loath the smell and stay away from my house for the most part!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last October I had a horrible fruit fly invasion, It seemed like I would never get rid of them. They spread all over the house in like 3 days. I finally bought 6 packs of those ugly sticky fly paper things you hang, and put them all over the place for one weekend. I then bought this fruit fly trap that looks like an apple and caught the rest. They are completely gone now, Thank goodness, they were driving me crazy!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate how they manage to invade your bread no matter how securely you try to store it, I had to start keeping bread in the fridge, but of course the kids would leave it out and the whole loaf would be invaded!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234