I've got three big brown spiders
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I've got three big brown spiders

living on my front porch. Every night I go outside and there they are, spinning their webs, waiting for their dinner. I like to look at the webs, but, honestly, it's starting to look a Halloween display. I am always afraid I will run into one, and well, not too over joyed with the prospect of a brown spider running down my back, I'm beginning to think I should name them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not too fond of spiders, but Dh hates them. He thinks any spider that is slightly brown in color is a brown recluse..., and if it's black it's automatically a black widow. He actually did find a black widow in our garage in June.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL, well you know what I'd do if I came to close, face to face, lol

If I know where they are ahead of time we just give each other wide birth, lol.

kj

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I take it back. There are 4 spiders now..LOL We've named them Moe, Larry, Curly, and CurlyJoe, although I would have preferred Shemp. LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

HAHA. I've done that. I had a couple of daddy long legs spiders living in my bathroom and I named them Joe and Jack. Then my mom found them and FREAKED OUT! so I put them outside so she wouldn't smash them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not fond enough of spiders to let them stay on my porch

Funny story about daddy long legs though. We were outside and my 5yo ds was bug hunting. He found 4 or 5 daddy long legs and was telling me about them.

I said, 'well, leave them alone. They are probably a family'.

He looks at me strange and says "no, they are Daddy long legs!' like duh mom LOL!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have so many spiders, snakes and every other type of flying, crawling, critter down here, I'm just used to them I guess.

My late sister in law though, had such a fear for spiders and lizzards, that she would litterly hurt herself trying to get away from them. Called me one day to come into town (Darien) because she thought she saw a lizzard in her livingroom. When I got there, she had almost emptied the entire contents of her house onto the front lawn, and a neighbor man across the street was inside hunting for the lizzard. He found it, scared and breathing hard, behind the toilet brush holder in the bathroom. She had the whole neighborhood upset over a lizzard. Afterwards, the neighborhood kids referred to her as "the crazy lizzard lady!" LOL She passed away in her sleep about 3 years ago and they said she had had a heart attack. My husband still thinks to this day that it was probably brought on by either a lizzard or spider that probably found it's way into her bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have several that live on our patio and do the web building at nite. I like that they cut down their webs in the daytime, keeps me from having to knock em down. Now, if the little ones that get into the house would just do me the same favor.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Really...LOL spiders that would come in and make a web, clean up other insects, then clean up after themselves...I could appreciate that. These spiders are not daddy long legs though.....LOL

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If they are living on your porch I suggest a proper lease and rent to be paid on the 1st of every month, actually, with their short life span, get the rent weekly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ewww. They would be dead! I hate all spiders, and trust me, we have some huge ones around here! In FL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love spiders, they're my favorite animal! They're so creative and beautiful and they keep the flies away! I never squish a spider. People call me to come get rid of them for them!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Actually, there is one on the car door mirror of my driver's side. His name is Hank. I can't bear to get rid of him, he's a tough little spider! He's stayed there for weeks now, I just can't bring myself to move him, since he's been everywhere I go for weeks now! He's my driving buddy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Talking

His name is Hank

Sure go ahead and name the spiders... my suggestions -

Bruce - Robert "the Bruce", King of Scotland in the 14th century, who watched and learned the value of perseverance from a spider repeatedly climbing up again after being knocked down, has become a part of the world's folklore

Arachne - a young maiden who challenged the goddess Athena to a weaving contest and was turned into a spider for her presumption

Charlotte - "little and womanly"

But if it was my porch...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You guys are too funny...

Naderbug..I could just see that spider sitting there with a map being your little navigator...LOL

Jerseygirl....I tried, they wanted to pay in dead bugs and I just had to refuse....LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast