Help have fleas!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leela21 View Post
    Frontline seems to be killing the fleas on the dog this is day 2. But won't the eggs that are around the house continue to hatch and multiply?
    If you are using Frontline, the eggs won't hatch! Dead, dead dead!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wash my two dogs and seven cats with dawn dish soap. I use borax on the carpets once a month . And we have no fleas. Good luck.

ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a flea problem right now too. I swear I haven't had this in years and 2 cats and a dog kept the cycle going. Finally I caved in and did Frontline and it seems much better. Just don't want to curse myself and say its over....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is looking very good! knocks on wood. The dog is free with the exception of one found crawling on her head 2 days ago. Crossing my fingers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree, Frontline is wonderful. The borax reall does work. I had my yards sprayed twice for fleas and our pooch has been flea-free! (knock on wood). I hate fleas!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

uggghhh I jynxed myself. Son found one on her today and I just found another. She is now banned from all furniture and must stay in the living room in her dog bed. It isn't even 2 weeks for the frontline!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Leela, if the environment has a lot of fleas, you are still going to see some. It would be a good idea if you could get your house and yard treated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Um, maybe I should clarify: use permethrin on the carpets, not the animals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh. After a week or so of suspicion and denial, I finally had to face this morning that my two indoor cats have contracted a flea problem. I am not happy. They are getting older and we've looked for ways to get rid of them for awhile now with no success.

It's a tiny apartment. For right now, the battle plan will be a daily bath, vacuuming and frequent washing of linens (can't keep the boogers off the bed). Wife is calling the vet for an appointment, and I'm researching options. Right now, I'm suspecting a basic flea application for them and a carpet treatment for the rest of the house. This is early enough it shouldn't be too hard to destroy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use a flea pill from the vet for our 2 inside dogs. They are small dogs. It is Confortis (spinosad) it can be used on puppies 14 weeks of age up to older dogs. It is excellent. One pill cost 15.00 but you can buy the pill for larger dogs and split it up. The one I bought this time was 17.00 but it will last for 3 mths per dog. Also you can sit a pan of water under a night light and the flea's will jump in. You can tell how bad the flea prob is. I've used in the past the spray they were talking about in other post. I've tried the borax and it didn't work for us. The spray worked great and we've not had a flea prob in a long time. Also knock out is great to spray with. you get it from the vet. TC

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had this last year... Salt your floor after you vacume let it sit overnight and vacume next day repeat.... also i used tea tree on the dogs when i bathed them and got rid of them... make sure you salt under furniture this dries the fleas and the eggs out (hours of internet searching and trial and error) worked for me

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We started using food grade DE on our cats. I got a 50 lb bag for under $20. It is working way better than Frontline.

You put the DE in an old spice container and sprinkle some out into your hand. You then pet your cat and rub the dust in. Try not to make it "puff" because DE is bad for everyone's lungs. Dust their legs and tail too.

DE is diatamaceous earth. And, I can never spell "diatamaceous" correctly. I can spell "DE".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have them too now. Dogs went to the kennel for a bath and apparently they were covered. I haven't seen any in the house so we are hoping there isn't too big of a problem yet. We are washing everything we can wash, vaccuming like crazy and renting a carpet steamer this weekend. We will also be taking some of the above advice as well.

FWIW, the kennel (where our dogs go to day care several times I week and we totally trust them) did tell us that almost every one of their clients who use frontline on their animals, indoor or out, have have had fleas this summer. I am wondering if perhaps there is a bad batch or something out there, bc we frontline them the first of every month, religiously.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We use Confortis on the boys, have for 3 years now. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Tweety I noticed that she has fleas, she is allergic to flee medicine, we usually give her a bath with Dollar General brand dandruff shampoos, but we put baby oil in the water and this helps to kill the fleas.

Right now when I took her outside to do her business, I noticed that she is starting to loose hair on both sides, I never see fleas, but she is always biting.

We will be giving her a bath after dinner then another tomorrow. When we first got her she had hardly any hair on her rump from the fleas attacking her and her biting herself and them, we took care of that problem. Now we have to do it again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast