HELP FLIES!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default HELP FLIES!!!!!!!

someone please give me pointers on what to do with the flies.

i dont leave food out, i dont have windows and doors open but everyday there are at least 40 flies to deal with. i spend at least an hour every day just killing flies. what can i do?

They are hiding under the blinds

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are having a really bad problem with them this year also. I don't have any suggestions...I need some too. I think I'm going to go buy some of those old-fashioned sticky fly paper thingys....the ones that hang down. Thats all I can think of. I hate it when they land on me......YUCK!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Are they fruit flies or house flies? If they are fruit flies, you can get a cup or dish, fill it with icky fruit scraps, and cover the dish with a paper funnel, making the opening of the funnel only big enough for a fly to get in. they go in to lay their eggs, and can't get out. Just get rid of the flies that accumulate every day, and you will be fly free soon.
    If they're the bigger house flies, then I am at a loss. Those ones irritate me too, and I usually wait until they go on my windows screen, open the screen a tiny crack then i slam the window shut on them

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Several years ago I tried the trick of hanging a ziplock bag full of water with a penny in it over my garage doorway (which was were flies came in).... supposedly the fly will land on it, believe the whole doorway is full of water, and go away. I actually think it helped a little, but the bag annoyed DH so we took it down.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are having a horrible fly problem too! I hate them! Everytime the door is opened one flies in. Don't have a solution though. Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We also are haveing a horrible house fly problem. I cant figure it out so sorry no help from me. But for me its my dh going nuts over them that driveing me nuts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree, they are bad everywhere this year. I don't have any suggestions other than the trusty flyswatter. I have 3 hanging in my utility room .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks everyone at least im not alone..lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At the beginning of summer, we had them eveywhere. We don't have the problem like we did then. I don't know why they left, but I am glad they did because they are so annoying!! We just used the old-fashioned fly swatter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had this problem last year but so far we're fly free. I suggest looking for places they might be sneaking in (beside an opened door). We had some gaps around the back door and when hubby fixed the door, the problem seemed to let up. Ours were contained in the laundry room but they were horrible. It made me sick! There would be at least 40-50 flies buzzing around the laundry room. I got these fly traps that stick to the window and after about a day they were mostly gone. Then if a stray fly gets in you can swat it. I don't remember the brand but they're nicer than the sticky strips. It is a cardboard triangle with sticky stuff inside and holes for the flies to get in. You don't have to see the mounds of flies stuck there. However, they do make a nasty buzzing sound before the flies all die.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We used to have those but I haven't been able to find them lately. I've used the sticky paper strips, but they are a mess if you let them make contact with anything you didn't mean to (like your hair!). I'm not a good swatter, so I got an oversized one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We use these at the campground and they really do work.
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...00002226-NFT-D

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fly strips seem to work best for us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Are they slow moving flies? Then they are cluster flies. We have this problem. They breed in the ground about 4 times throughout the summer and after the 4th time..about August, they seek shelter for the winter..in window seams etc. If you get one every once in awhile in the winter..like on a bathroom window where it is warm, usually those are cluster flies. We have to have people come and spray for them in late August and then we don't see any.

For normal summer house flies, we put up a fly strip. Usually DH puts one up in the garage because that is the door we normally use to enter our house. The strip is right near our door to go in and it really reduced the amount that actually come into the house.

I agree... I hate flies!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks everyone

i dont know what kind of flies they are but i know there are a lot and they are getting on my last nerve

thanks for the tips im going to the store to get some fly strips today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast