Does your pet let you know it is feeding time?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Does your pet let you know it is feeding time?

I hate to admit this but I have forgotten to feed kitty before leaving the house in the morning. Just a couple of times.
    I always feel horrible when it happens.

She is very used to feeding times. Well the last evening I came home to be greated with much screaming. Which is usual. Then I was in another room she kept yelling and running back and forth to her food bowl. Finally realized what happened and fed her.

If she wants food or water she will usually sit and yell until she gets more. I do wait with the food until feeding time.

Another cat would poke me in the eye in the morning while I slept. When she was really hungry she would nip at my nose.

So how does your pet let you know they want to eat?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dog has some sort of internal food alarm, I swear! She will start bugging me within 5 minutes of *feeding time* (twice a day)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My cat will start pawing/tapping the patio glass door to make noise so we know he's hungry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dog (lab) will go down to the pantry and grab a can of food off the shelf. Then prance around the house with it, wagging his tail.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All my pets have let me know in various ways when they're hungry. My daughter's cat wakes her up every weekend morning when she tries to sleep in late. He sits on her chest with his nose touching her nose. He's a huge cat, and mean when he's hungry (we joke that he has low blood sugar), so he usually wins over extra sleep. He also likes to dip his paw in her coffee and then lick it (loves coffee creamer).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We free feed ours. Their bowls are rarely empty and they eat whenever they feel like it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Neeley View Post
    We free feed ours. Their bowls are rarely empty and they eat whenever they feel like it.
    OH!!! How I WISH I could do that.......little black girl would have her bowl emptied and lil' white boy's too. She lives for food!!

This is the first dog that I couldn't 'free feed'..........she starts 'bugging me' to eat as much as one hour OR MORE before feeding time!

Registered User Droppedonmyhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always leave food out for my dog and cat, so they can eat whenever they want. But you can bet they will definitely let me know if their bowls are out or low on food. Particularly the cat. She gets panicky when her bowl is low.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

One of my cats attacks your leg if you walk past the pantry without getting food out for him when he deems it is time. He then runs away before you can smack him for drawing blood!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When we eat, our girls eat so there is no begging going on. HOWEVER, at 8 pm EVERY night, my oldest stares me down and starts woofing for her treat and doesn't stop until she gets one. It used to be at 8:20 (give or take 5 minutes) until the last time change. The time change messed up her internal clock. Heaven help us if DH and I get ourselves an 8 pm snack w/o getting them one! No one sits until they get a treat! LOL!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our cats get free fed. They don't overeat so it works well.

The dogs however.....

They get fed between 7-730 in the morning and between 5-530 in the evening. These times coincide with Greebo's schedule. Heaven help me when he leaves early ....

Cleo will climb on the bed and slowly creep up along side me so her face will be the first sight of my morning. She whimpers once we are in the kitchen until I put the food in her dish, then she gets quiet until I give her the go ahead.

Lacy will pace between me and the steps until I go feed her and Precious (the blind one) some how instinctively knows that its feeding time and will come find me in the kitchen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dog didn't fall back last fall so he went from 9 to 8 all winter..now that we have spring forward it is still 8..The thing with him is on Saturday and sunday nights he get 1/2 can of dog food..He know what day of the week it is..He will bug you until you get it too...if you forget...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours also usually have a full bowl, we use a die to help us keep track of how many the dog has had & he's not allowed over 3 scoops a day. If the cats bowl is empty she'll meow alot & head over to the dogs food and meow there too to let me know. The dog will come and put his head on my lap or stop in front of me & give me the eyes that say I need water, food or out. They both are pretty smart and usually come to me to get fed. Oh they are fed in separate rooms and the dog doesn't eat the cat food., we taught him that's a no no.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours will push his bowl (metal on tile floor) to let it be known he needs food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I put food in the bowl at 7:00 am for our shih tzu, he'll ignore it hoping for people food all day..then finally give up and eat sometime in the evening. A few times a month I have to put it back in the bag because it's bed time and I'm not going to put him outside at midnight, or wake up to pooh on the livingroom floor. He's a bit strong-willed, but totally adorable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast