I'm empty-nesting a dog too! ha!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I'm empty-nesting a dog too! ha!

My teen announced recently she's moving out when she turns 18. I have a lot of different feelings about this but in the end its her decision.

But get this, she is taking her dog! This part I am happy about, ha! (obviously, or I wouldn't let her take it)

I think it will help her with responsibility, the dog will get lots of one-on-one time, and it isn't a puppy needing potty trained and socialized. We've raised it since it was a puppy, it is now 10 years old, its the white Lhasa in my profile picture. It's been "her" dog since it was a puppy.

For my daughter's birthday I'm going to have the dog professionally groomed, buy a huge bag of its dog food brand, and pack a bag of her favorite toys and treats. I'm looking forward to having one less dog around as this one is really a pain in my neck. I do know in the back of my mind that I will possibly end up with the dog again as my teen's life changes, but maybe not.

I love my pack, but I'm so glad this girl will get the individual time she wants with my daughter. My daughter has been taking her over to the apartment that she'll be moving into so the adjustment wont be too much of a shock when the dog finally moves in.

I'm empty nesting the dog more than the teen, but I think that's normal, ha!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thats awesome!! You'll have to arrange visits so her dog doesn't go into isolation shock too. Hopefully she's not moving too far away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, not moving too far, will be in the same town and this dog dislikes the other dogs except for one of them so I think it will be a very happy move for the Lhasa. She's just a grumpy old lady who gets annoyed with the other dogs, always has. The one dog she does like we are talking about doing "play dates" at my teen's house here and there. Basically an excuse for me to come over, ha!