Boycott Michael Vick
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Boycott Michael Vick

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c76MdMzh8I&feature=player_embedded"]Michael Vick - Open Letter from me to you 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

Just a reminder for those of you watching football today.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

x2

He makes me sick! (where is the barfing smilie when I need one?)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here ya go.
    DH aka Mad Hen

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In so infuriated by this that I'll boycott the entire NFL just for you. And because college football is way better. But mostly because you asked me to...

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is such a heated subject in my home, we have agreed not to discuss it. You see my DH is an Eagles fan. I can not even imagine maintaining loyalty to a team that would employ someone who has displayed such abhorrent criminal behavior. What ever happened to morality clauses in sports?

So now this house is split, we're a Pittsburgh Steelers/Eagles household. Makes for some tense game days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry

I don't watch football, but I have heard and remember what michael vick did to those dogs after he was caught, after prison, he should NEVER BEEN ALLOWED BACK TO PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The the non-football watchers (including me), remember that Nike has just signed a new deal with him as well, so you can let Nike know how you feel by not buying Nike products.

Subway also sponsored the award Vick was given as (believe it or not) Sportsman of the Year by BET.

A recent quote from Vick (don't read if you vomit at the sound of hypocrisy):

When asked about dogfighting today in the September issue of GQ, the QB says, "It's almost as if everyone wanted to hate me. But what have I done to anybody? It was something that happened, and it was people trying to make some money." Yet, he recognizes, “It's not fair to the animal. I know what to do now.”

On probation from pets until July 2012, Vick confesses, “I always had a dog growing up. It was almost equivalent to the prison sentence, having something taken away from me for three years … I miss my companions."
    DH aka Mad Hen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mh3rdwheel View Post
    I don't watch football, but I have heard and remember what michael vick did to those dogs after he was caught, after prison, he should NEVER BEEN ALLOWED BACK TO PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED.

I totally agree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be boycotting Nike as well as Subway.

The quote just goes to show that he didn't get enough of a sentence.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry

QUOTE=madhen;1560189]The the non-football watchers (including me), remember that Nike has just signed a new deal with him as well, so you can let Nike know how you feel by not buying Nike products.

Subway also sponsored the award Vick was given as (believe it or not) Sportsman of the Year by BET.

A recent quote from Vick (don't read if you vomit at the sound of hypocrisy):

When asked about dogfighting today in the September issue of GQ, the QB says, "It's almost as if everyone wanted to hate me. But what have I done to anybody? It was something that happened, and it was people trying to make some money." Yet, he recognizes, “It's not fair to the animal. I know what to do now.”

On probation from pets until July 2012, Vick confesses, “I always had a dog growing up. It was almost equivalent to the prison sentence, having something taken away from me for three years … I miss my companions."[/QUOTE]

He makes me want to No not almost everyone hated you, NO EVERYONE HATED YOU AND ALOT STILL DO.

I am so disgusted with him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Josephhgoins View Post
    I will be boycotting Nike as well as Subway.

The quote just goes to show that he didn't get enough of a sentence.
    I don't buy Nike, but I occasionally go to Subway, BUT NO MORE. Subway is 3 minutes from my house, I would rather go to Convenient Food Mart they have better subs then subway and WAY BETTER, I had a turkey bacon sub, baked for 3 minutes, just perfect.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by madhen View Post
    the the non-football watchers (including me), remember that nike has just signed a new deal with him as well, so you can let nike know how you feel by not buying nike products.

subway also sponsored the award vick was given as (believe it or not) sportsman of the year by bet.

a recent quote from vick (don't read if you vomit at the sound of hypocrisy):

when asked about dogfighting today in the september issue of gq, the qb says, "it's almost as if everyone wanted to hate me. But what have i done to anybody? It was something that happened, and it was people trying to make some money." yet, he recognizes, “it's not fair to the animal. I know what to do now.”

on probation from pets until july 2012, vick confesses, “i always had a dog growing up. It was almost equivalent to the prison sentence, having something taken away from me for three years … i miss my companions."
    he should be on probation from pets and football for life (remember pete rose) he wouldn't miss his companions if he wouldn't have killed them. It makes me sic, especially when i think what those dogs went through, then i look at tweety and see the abuse she went through, i am soo angry....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

MadHen, being from Pa. we are subject to his "fan clubbers" all the time. Our local news exalts him, like he's some hero. We get to hear all about his "charity" work in the community. ie. talking with youth about not going down the same road he did, blah, blah, blah. It's not voluntary! The dipwads!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here is Nike's mailing address (corporate headquarters):

Nike USA Inc.
    Consumer Services
    One Bowerman Drive
    Beaverton, OR 97005-6453

And an email form for Subway:

SUBWAY Restaurant Customer Service Form
    DH aka Mad Hen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mh3rdwheel View Post

I remember the day that happened. I was in the grocery store, about ready to check out when the store manger runs up and yells, "they just signed Vick" The entire store within earshot stopped, everyone was stunned. Then the customers and employees of the store started bickering! Some for, some against. It was surreal, I was totally blown away by the news. I never thought it even remotely possible. How could they sign him? What were they thinking?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast