Dog Psychology

Thread: Dog Psychology

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Dog Psychology

It isn't important but I'm just curious.

My dog's stoneware water bowl is in the kitchen. Always has been. Same bowl he's had since day one. A few months ago, because it was so hot and I shut off the front of the apt at night, I bought a new plastic bowl and put it in the bathroom so he would have water available at night. It's about the same size as kitchen bowl.

He never touches the bowl of water in the kitchen except immediately after eating in the evening. (Water and food bowls are side-by-side on one of those elevated racks). However, during the day he'll bypass the kitchen bowl and go all the way back to the bathroom to drink out of the plastic bowl.

Both bowls are washed daily. Any ideas as to why he does this? Again, just curious about what this odd behavior could be about.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just a thought but bathrooms tend to be cooler, so maybe he's just after a cold(cooler) drink?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now you know...you might really be onto something. That room is in the back, away from all the heat of the day, dark. I have laugh at myself, tho', if indeed it's something that simple. I've spent so much time pondering this....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm still trying to figure out how our dog managed to spread feathers from a murdered ruffed grouse over every inch of our king size bed without getting a single feather on the floor.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by SueBee49 View Post

He never touches the bowl of water in the kitchen except immediately after eating in the evening. (Water and food bowls are side-by-side on one of those elevated racks). However, during the day he'll bypass the kitchen bowl and go all the way back to the bathroom to drink out of the plastic bowl.

I agree w/Rona...........probably cooler water.

At the late evening potty break, in the summer, my dogs will walk right past their in-house dog water to drink from the one outside. Cooler! Plus they drink much more water if I put ice cubes in the in-house water........and I do mean MUCH MORE.

Strange little critters..........aren't they?

I have one that is having a 'fit' about walking on hardwood floors......and I have been pulling up carpet, soon to have none! He will be in big trouble if he doesn't adjust!

And before they are allowed come in I will often make them both sit............they BOTH have to have their butts on the rug on the porch........no concrete for them!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good answers- now can someone tell me why both my CATS will bypass their bowl of fresh water to drink from the toilet, 2 feet away? They will drink from the bowl- if the toilet is closed. If you forget to close it, forget it- they prefer the toilet every time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lol khaski, the problem here is a matter of style they obviously prefer the geometric, clean lines and shape of the toilet... I suggest you find a toilet shaped drink bowl for them, that should solve everything

Can't actually think of a real reason to give you must have a wee think on that one

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by khaski View Post
    Good answers- now can someone tell me why both my CATS will bypass their bowl of fresh water to drink from the toilet, 2 feet away? They will drink from the bowl- if the toilet is closed. If you forget to close it, forget it- they prefer the toilet every time!
    Not sure, but it made me laugh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made me laugh, too. And what is this with the "wee think." Are we having a play on words here?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made me laugh, too. And what is this with the "wee think." Are we having a play on words here?
    What Moi? you don't actually think I was extracing the urine - otherwise known as taking the p

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Rona View Post
    What Moi? you don't actually think I was extracing the urine - otherwise known as taking the p
    Yeah...the way my mind works...cat...toilet...urine...wee...wee-wee.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by khaski View Post
    Maybe this will help...................... at that price we should all be MAKING THEM!!!

The Toilet Water Dish

Or........this one...........it has FREE SHIPPING........gotta love F shipping!!!

http://www.kotulas.com/deals/toilet-...r-pal-hydrated

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those are so funny! Makes you wonder...now why didn't I come up with that idea?!?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those are so funny! Makes you wonder...now why didn't I come up with that idea?!?
    Well........partially.............also makes me wonder WHO is buying them? And........at that price!! Conversation piece I guess...........

I have been looking at food dishes that "supposedly" slow down the 'wolfing of food'.............and laughed.........my poodle "wolfs" but has such tiny feet that she could still have the food out of the dish and down the hatch in a heartbeat..........those aren't high on my 'buying list'.........she can continue to wolf, I guess.