How do you pamper your pets? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I could [and usually do!] go on and on about my Kyla but for now since I've only had a few hours of sleep and all 8 cylinders aren't firing as they should, I'll keep it short [or as short as I know how. ] and tell you that Kyla, my 8 year old cat has her own stroller and we go for walks and she rides in it though she also will walk on a leash.

With the leash it's pretty much where "she" wants to go and wish the stroller, we go where "I" choose to go. ha! I take her in my local dollar store and she just sits there in her stroller and looks around seeing what she can see. She's really good and doesn't even try to get out of the stroller and I've gotta tell ya, she's better than my kids even were in a store, she hasn't even once begged me for anything.

As I said, when it comes to Ky, I could go on and on and maybe I'll come back another time and do that.

Scarlett Kaye

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My beagle loves dog bones as a treat for his good behavior. I do buy him a new set of dog toys and play fetch with him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When we had our original 3, we would take them to the nearby school and let them run, play frisbee. One of the dogs used to live next door to the school. Sometimes he would wander into the woods and didn't come back, but he knew his way home to our house. That's why the school. We would also take them to Sonic for ice cream cones. They all got to sleep with us. Now those 3 are gone and we have just the one dog, plus my son's two dogs. We really don't do anything special with them. My papillon loved going for rides. We had separation anxiety, so any chance we had, I'd take him with me. He'd watch and if I moved my head, he would run down the stairs. It was our way of communicating so they big guys didn't know he was going for a ride. I sure miss those days. Our new dog, doesn't like car rides. He's excited to go, but once in the car, he gets crazy. I think he associates the car with going to a new home. We were his 3rd home in 3 weeks. We've had him almost 2 years now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my pets think they are abused because their slaves don't cater to their every whim at that second lol the nerve what people get pissed off after I want to in and out 10 times in 5mins. that is rains... lol they have pets, toys, treats... just not allowed out at night for their safety and no going on tables or counters. or begging or jumping on laps to grab food off plates. well only works on dh cus he is a sucker. I know the older two would love it if I got rid of the younger one but that isn't happening lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

jettsmom - 3 homes in 3 weeks, I'm certain that surely must have had an effect on him. Awe, that is so sad but it sounds like he now has a forever home with you so that's a good thing.
    Last edited by Scarlett_Kaye; 06-27-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mathamfi - I hear what you're saying that they think they're abused if you cater to them. I have one like that myself. lol She is very vocal and when she wants something she just doesn't stop (instead, she gets louder. Ugh! lol)

I have few restrictions or can't do's for my Kyla (cat) and what she can or can't do ... #1 for her safety she is NOT allowed on the cupboard that's hanging on the wall in the bathroom behind the toilet and that is because I'm not sure if when her hefty 10 pound self were to jump up there, that it might be too much and fall down with her.

The other restriction is that she is not allowed to lay on and sleep on the cable box which she insists on doing and I'm having to chase her off from there constantly. My reasoning for that is that she's blocking little holes over the top and if they were meant for heat to escape, it could over-heat if they were blocked and cause the box not to work.

As for jumping on the counters or stove ... if she wants to do that, she can. No one but her and I eat here and as for the stove, I never use it so it's not like she'd get burned or anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mathamfi - I hear what you're saying that they think they're abused if you don't cater to them. I have one like that myself. lol She is very vocal and when she wants something she just doesn't stop (instead, she gets louder. Ugh! lol)

I have few restrictions or can't do's for my Kyla (cat) and what she can or can't do ... #1 for her safety she is NOT allowed on the cupboard that's hanging on the wall in the bathroom behind the toilet and that is because I'm not sure if when her hefty 10 pound self were to jump up there, that it might be too much and fall down with her.

The other restriction is that she is not allowed to lay on and sleep on the cable box which she insists on doing and I'm having to chase her off from there constantly. My reasoning for that is that she's blocking little holes over the top and if they were meant for heat to escape, it could over-heat if they were blocked and cause the box not to work.

As for jumping on the counters or stove ... if she wants to do that, she can. No one but her and I eat here and as for the stove, I never use it so it's not like she'd get burned or anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12