How do you pamper your pets?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How do you pamper your pets?

I am interested in hearing how you pamper your pets.

Many times I will recycle some soft clothing to make a bed for the cats. Did find a really good deal on a heated dog bed for only $17 which is big enough for the both of them. I will also give them some back massages that they seem to enjoy or brush them with a bristle brush. Some times I will look around my place and think they are so pampered and spoiled. When I listen to classical music I tell them it is supposed to also make them feel calm and that they should enjoy it also. Not sure if they agree on this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In an area where most pets run around outside unrestrained, we have indoor pets. I also cook for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

When they go to the vet we stop by the drive thru for cheeseburgers to bring home for that dog and the others at home.
    They sleep w/ me when I nap
    They all have coats because I get cold and I have one.
    I use peanut butter for giving my dogs joint pills
    I talk to them and tell stories about how they came to us and how glad I am.
    We pay them a lot of attention
    We take them for van rides to parks. mostly in the summer.
    We share food sometimes
    WE buy them treats from the store
    We go to the bark park
    They are allowed on the couch and sometimes our laps (100#'s)
    They get Christmas presents wrapped and a low key birthday party.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The low key birthday party made me smile.

Right now they have 4 different beds that they use even though they can sleep where ever they want. The only place off limits are the kitchen counters.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have just one cat currently and she has the run of the house (I draw the line at the kitchen countertops and the dining room table). If she has asleep in "my" spot in the bed I will move to accommodate her so she doesn't have to move. She loves lying on my lap and sleeping and I'll cover her with a blanket so she's nice and warm. She lives indoors like CookieLee mentioned above. She's never been out unless it's been to the vet's and that was in a cat carrier. She does have a cat bed but she doesn't really use it. She prefers my bed. LOL. Oh and she loves furry mice toys this one store sells so I get those for her when I am in that area.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I spoil Bernice the most, she was a sick, abused shelter dog, scared of her own shadow. She'd been brought to NY by a train of dog people who drive dogs to places they are more likely to be adopted, she came from Florida after a big hurricane. She had the southern version of lyme disease, so besides her fearfulness, appearance and illness no one wanted her. The illness was totally curable.

I went into the shelter to drop off dog food, swore I would not go into the dog room. Went right into the dog room and saw the most pitiful girl you could ever see, cowering in the corner of her cage. They opened the cage and I sat there doing computer work for work for 2 hours, just waiting. She would inch closer, eventually she was in my lap. I vowed nothing would scare that dog again and I would spend my life making her life great.

Now that I am home all the time she is in heaven because I am her person, she likes a few others but if I am home, she is glued to me. I take her to the dog park but she only likes it when no dogs are there, lol. She was 5 or 6 when we got her and some things could not be socialized out. She will play with my other dog. Since not being able to drive or even allowed to walk her, she gets her exercise in the big yard. I feel guilty though and con my dad into letting her go for some rides with us. While I was at an MD appt, I caught them eating ice cream.

She has made my bed her bed. She was thrilled when I broke up with a BF I'd had for 7 yrs (we didn't live together), she no longer had to sleep at the end of the bed. She sleeps on a pile of pillows, like the Princess and the pea. I've had times where I come back from the BR and she has taken my pillow and added it to her nest, lol.

She's 12 or 13 now but healthy. I protect her when she meets strangers (very hard for her) and I know she will protect me. I can't do much about how horrible her vet experiences are but the vet tries very hard and from now on she's getting cheeseburgers on the way home!

I can't even put into words how this dog changed my life. She came with the name Bernice and it suits her. My son said when we got her that "maybe God called her that as a reminder to Be Nice to each other". I'll never forget he said that, that's not how he usually speaks. She is lodged in my heart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice, your post made me teary-eyed. Oh, the wonderful difference you have made in your sweet girl's life!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilovechocolate View Post
    Bernice, your post made me teary-eyed. Oh, the wonderful difference you have made in your sweet girl's life!
    no, she's made more of a difference in mine. I had months of bedrest and she was content to stay right next to me. Most dogs would be bored, she was happy as a clam. When I was really bad, she knew it, my father could be cooking a steak and she would not leave me.

I hate getting the vet's birthday cards, the years are going too fast. I've had great dogs, but Bernice is different and can never be replaced. I swear God put her into my life. I already had 2 dogs, I swore I would not go into the dog room at the shelter. Something made me go in and one look was all it took.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You and Bernice needed each other so God put you together.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good going Bernice. We make sure they are plain. I actually made the lady redo them today because they had onions (super bad for dogs) and ketchup. I figure 1-2x a year isnt so bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice that was a great read. It is amazing how much animals can add to your life. My youngest cat I think we both picked each other. I saw his picture on a flyer and immediately thought he would be perfect for my other cat. When I met him I held him and he went asleep in my arms. When I went to take him home he was asleep with the rest of the litter. When he heard my voice he looked up saw me and sat in my lap. The rest of the litter kept on sleeping. Fortunately the two cats get along great except for the rare disagreements.

I find them asleep in the bed with me but that is usually because I need to move one of them from sleeping inbetween my legs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jess11 View Post
    Bernice that was a great read. It is amazing how much animals can add to your life. My youngest cat I think we both picked each other. I saw his picture on a flyer and immediately thought he would be perfect for my other cat. When I met him I held him and he went asleep in my arms. When I went to take him home he was asleep with the rest of the litter. When he heard my voice he looked up saw me and sat in my lap. The rest of the litter kept on sleeping. Fortunately the two cats get along great except for the rare disagreements.

I find them asleep in the bed with me but that is usually because I need to move one of them from sleeping inbetween my legs.
    it sounds like he was meant for you and you for him!

Registered User Back2Basicsforme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So my pets are like my children and most times are more spoiled than my actual children! Although I do have a lot of pets! I have 5 dogs and 3 cats. All of our babies are fed high end good quality dog food. This is never negotiable, no matter how good a sale there is on anything else! One of our dogs has super bad allergies. He is fed human raw beef, bones and liver, steaks when I get them on sale. The other dogs are jealous, but they don't have allergies! They all get freeze dried 100% beef treats though and they seem happy with that. They have a ton of toys, which they happily destroy in 10 minutes when brand new. They all had their own personalized stockings for xmas and they all have their own personalized ornament for the tree. Our living room furniture is there for their enjoyment too. If a guest comes and they have a problem with it...too bad....they live here and we love and enjoy them. They have their own bed and pillows but rarely use it. In the summer we take them to the dog park to socialize with the other puppies in the area, and the local ice cream shop makes them each ice cream cones with dog bones in it for 50 cents each! We take them to the pet store on their birthdays and let them pick out their own new toy and we also get them treats and a special birthday dinner. Our girls get pawdicures, complete with pink nail polish. I try and get them all new collars for each season. I try and match the boys and girls, so everyone coordinates. So yes, I guess you would say my brood is spoiled!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Backtobasics, you totally win!

I am like that when guests come to the house if the dog is say at the opposite end of the couch and not bothering the guest. my family thinks that is incredibly rude to the guest. shrug, they're not prisoners, they're free to leave, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Really enjoy hearing how people pamper/spoil their pets. I feel the same way as far as the cats having free reign of the place since they are indoor cats. Sure they get to go on the balcony with supervision but they are indoor cats. For me the main problem is when I have guests over for a meal and a cat decides to join us and jump on the table while we are eating. Yes the cat is removed from the table. Fortunately the guests have been animal people and now one has left screaming from the table.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast