What do you like to photograph?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Inactive
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What do you like to photograph?

Besides photographing your family, what else do you like to take photographs of? Do you participate in any photography websites/challenges?

I love taking photographs, but I'm often kind of at a loss over what to take pictures of...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm not really serious about it at this point, but like to take nature hikes, go to the zoo, and the botanical gardens mainly to take pictures. I also share images of food, crafts, and kitty

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I take "pictures by the side of the road" to use on calendars. . . my dd likes to set up still life pictures (she has a very distinctive eye for art) - things like a tiger lily on a fence post, a carnation in a mason jar - placed on a stump, etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like to photograph anything ad everything. I like to capture people unaware so they aren't "posing". I like to photograph nature. Family. Friends. Still life. Everything!

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Old Barns and farm houses

I love the look of th old wood.

Laurie in Bradenton

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like outdoors, the way light hits on the trees and different things and my goats, my dog, and my duck. Sometimes he falls to sleep on our pond and just floats around it's kinda funny just watching him float no ripples and I will snap him. Today I caught a kite in the tree that I never saw there before. I just took pictures there last Tuesday so I know it was not there then. My avatar is one that I took from the old abandoned road on our land that was used when hogs was raised here. We raise goats now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like to photograph my horses. Candids of people are good, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love taking pictures of my pets & almost anything for that matter. Really into the nature thing too. Anything can catch my eye... a store sign, an interesting building, a mud puddle, peeling paint. Sometimes I'm just looking for a certain color when I go out with my camera. And I take pictures of my family, but not as often as I'd like. Need to take more of them over the holidays! Thanks for the reminder, they'll be thrilled.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

besides my kids and hubby...i like to take closeups of flowers, landscapes, animals...actually i just love taking photos..lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am by no means a professional just a hobbyist but I love to take photographs of anything out in nature. From old barns to tiny raccoon tracks in the mud on the river bank. I don't photograph people much except DH and DS. I can't stand to have my own picture taken lol. Sometimes I go out for a bike ride and take my camera and just stop and take a picture of the clouds or the way a certain weed looks behind a barbed wire fence. Some things just catch my eye.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MisaLady View Post
    Besides photographing your family, what else do you like to take photographs of? Do you participate in any photography websites/challenges?

I love taking photographs, but I'm often kind of at a loss over what to take pictures of...

MisaLady, I am in your neck of the woods and rarely come home after a day out without taking over 100 pictures. Between Seattle sites, the Cascades /Olympics/Mt Rainer in the fog/sunrise/sunset/unique cloud formation, the ferries, Pike Place, the Falls, or heck people. I personally love the Tulip Festival in Skagit, Hurricane Ridge and the best is the Olympic Game Farm. The challenging thing for me to photograph were the Blue Angels this summer after getting a new lens, I learned while trying to catch them. After two days there were some keeper pics.

This past summer I have house guests for 6 weeks. You read that right. One of the them was my 10 YO nephew who may never come back (another story) so I made sure we saw as much as possible & took pictures along with him as a tourist to fill his memory book. It felt weird at first but then we noticed each night things in the pictures that we didn't catch during the day.

I think that is the key, look at your surroundings as if it is your first time there. Every time. Its tough but so rewarding.

Experiment as well, just start snapping away to find out what you like.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love to take pictures of buildings. A cool looking window or a neat looking door.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Food and the dogs.

I take pictures of just about everything that comes out of my kitchen ~ I do pretty good at everything except soup.

The dogs are so silly that it's easy to take good pictures of them

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Misa, I am far from being a professional photographer. But I taught some photography when I directed publications at my school. And I've sold articles on photography. You are getting some wonderful ideas here about subjects. I think it's important to just shoot and shoot and shoot.....

I enjoy capturing emotive moments: the 2 year old blowing out his birthday candles, my mother mourning her own mother, the joy of winning the football championship.....

I also look for light play. I enjoy seeing light dancing on water, or shimmering in the trees, or reflecting off the windows of a line of cars on the highway. I like rainbows and how the light refracts on the water droplets. I like the interplay of light and shadow. (See avatar)

I photograph a lot of nature, since I live in the woods. I document the seasons by taking shots year-round of the same places and at the same angle. The only animal I shoot is my dog.

We travel a lot, so I capture the trips with photography. And I like to capture bits of history. For example, I have been shooting gas price signs outside of various gas stations. I like to take pictures of fashion changes in both clothes and hair. They are fascinating to look at as the years go by.

I'm intrigued by architecture, so I take lots of pictures of houses, barns, monuments, bridges.......

Guess I'm eclectic, but the world around offers so much beauty and design! About the only thing I don't do is line up people and tell them to smile.
    Last edited by forHISglory; 12-02-2008 at 10:31 PM.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I take tombstone photos. I post them on Findagrave. I have taken several thousand but don't have them all posted yet.

I have participated in Project 365 and another one that I forget the name of ... they give you a list of topics and you take photos of your interpretation of it.

I also like to do before and after cleaning/decluttering projects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast