Anyone into photography and motorcycles?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone into photography and motorcycles?

Or taking pictures while ON a motorcycle? We rode from Oregon to Reno to Las Vegas to Arizona in October, and the second day the hubby hands me his camera and tells me he wants to see what I see while on the back of his motorcycle. So of course, being the smartypants that I am, I took a few pictures of the back of his helmet...followed by 17,000 pictures of the scenery along the way. Photography is becoming a fun hobby that we both enjoy. Does anyone else enjoy riding and taking pictures?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. We love riding (day trips), but DH sold his motorcycle a couple of years ago when he was laid off. We hope to replace it eventually now that we can take longer trips. I did take pics occasionally, it was fun to see what really came out in the pictures. I hope you post about your trips in the future.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby and I both ride Harleys. He recently bought a used camera with lots of attachments that he can mount on his handlebars, crash bar, etc. He can take pics and movies. He loves it!

We have several members in our HOG chapter with various cameras. So we always get lots of pictures.

FYI - he is leading a group ride today that will take them through bluebonnet country. He will take LOTS of pictures. Sadly (but not really) I am working at my favorite independent motorcycle shop. We pre-rode the route two weeks ago and took a few pictures.

Enjoy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A buddy of mine did something similar to this but he used the sunglasses that have a video camera built into them and then printed out a lot of still frames from the video. He captured a lot of cool shots while driving around in Cali.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

17, 000 pics!? Wow! Glad you enjoyed your time on those rides

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby and I both have GoPro cameras when we are each riding our own bike, his is mounted on his helmet(when he wears it), mine is mounted on my handlebars. On the occasions I ride as passenger I have a digital camera I use.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds pretty precious experience on photography on a motorcycle!! I do love photography, but just in static state! Well, wanna have a try on that is there is someone willing to ride the motorcycle!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes123 View Post
    Sounds pretty precious experience on photography on a motorcycle!! I do love photography, but just in static state! Well, wanna have a try on that is there is someone willing to ride the motorcycle!!
    If you can make it to Colorado in the USA sure! We've done it before. Several years ago the company I work for brought a team over from Beijing to work on a project, they were here for several months. There were 11 of them, we rounded up a bunch of our friends and took them all for a ride. Then did it again when some of them had to go home and their replacements arrived. (something to do with the amount of time their Visas were approved for.)

There is no way to describe how it made us feel to see the joy on their faces and those HUGE smiles! That was a wonderful day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not from a motorcycle, but from a moving truck and the back of a snowmobile. I used to have a helmet camera, back before GoPro's came out. The GoPro's are pretty decent, a LOT of action sports videos come from them (snowmobile/motocross videos, among many others).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My family is into ATVing, any fans here? We've been riding for almost 5 years straight. That's a great boding family activity, for sure! I'm running a blog about kids riding toys https://www.kidsatvsale.com/ so you can check it out.