Anyone have a Digital SLR?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anyone have a Digital SLR?

I've been thinking of saving up for one of these. I really love photography, and would like to do some more professional looking pictures. I have never taken any classes, but would love to someday. I was wondering if anyone here has a digital SLR, what brand do you have, and do you like it?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't wish I did........

My sister has a nikon SLR and it is just awesome!! It takes the best pictures!!
    The only problem is is that her husband doen't like her to take it out places since it was so expensive and he worries it will be broken or lost or something will happen to it, BUT the camera itself is just an awesome thing with great features but really it takes the best pictures!!

Eileen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I only have a Canon SLR and then a seperate digital, but I have seen the combos and pictures from them and they are well worth the money (if I had it). I would say go for it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Digital SLR's are neat.....

But there is something about film that I still love.

For those photos that are just snapshots, I use my 9 MP digital. But when it comes to taking photographs, I cant give up my 35 MM SLR camera. There is so much you can do with film. Some of them digital can reproduce, but there is a lot that it cant....... unless, of course, you spend hours on photoshop. I guess I would rather spend hours in the darkroom. Maybe I am just crazy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have A canon 20d and a 1ds. These are the more expensive in canons line not only because of image quality, but also because they are built to take more abuse than a regular consumer SLR. From the canon line I recommend the Rebel cameras. There is an 8 and a 10 megapix, i think $500 to $800 maybe for the body alone. The lenses make a huge difference and spending $1000 on a lens is not crazy. Also the lens wont loose value the way the camera bodies will. You will be able to sell a nice lens on ebay 8 years from now without too much loss, so be less afraid to spend your money there. Canon 24-70mm USM lens is super versatile all purpose lens that is good in low light too. The 430ex flash ($350 maybe) is really nice to have as well. being able to bounce flash off of ceilings with rotating head flash units makes a picture a million times better, i really can't stress that enough.
    hope that helps a bit

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep, I have the Canon Digital Rebel XT. I'll say, it's pretty awesome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the Minolta 7D and to Minolta film SLRs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a Nikon SLR and it is great. My daughter has an SLR also, but I can't remember what brand. One hers it has a super motion option that absoluetly will not blur no matter how jerky the picture taker is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a few camera digitals. Nikon D200, Nikon D70, Sony CD500 Mavica and a camcorder. ( we let our hobby runamuck) As well as a Nikon F100 film. I ahve to say I will always LOVE a film camera. Especially for those special shots that only film can reproduce perfectly. But the Digitals are awesome as well. They take great shots. The D200 is the best night shot camera I have used. As well as Action. Not to mention that Digital is less expensive after the inital purchase of the camera. Unless you are my husband 'OH look honey a NEW LENS" I have never met a man that loves to shop like this guy. Anyway. if you have opertunity to handle the camera before purchase, it is a good idea. The reason I say this is because you kinda need to get a feel for the camera. I use Nikon because I personally can mamage the buttons easier then a canon. I know sounds silly but you would hate to buy a expensive camera only to end up hating it because you feel like you are fumbling with it when youare trying to take photos. But that is just my thoughts on it.
    Thanks for letting me pop my 2 cents in

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a Canon Digital Rebel XTi and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! It is well worth the money in my book, however I do a little more than just take snapshots. I also have a Canon Powershot and it was allot cheaper but takes great photos as well.

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I HAVE THE DIGITAL REBEL AND LOVE IT!
    I never thought I would go digital, but this camera changed my mind. The camera cost was reasonable, but the lenses kill ya. I use the Macro lens most, I have done a whole series of florals with it and it is just fabulous. Going digital has also been a life saver with the kids, I was running through so much film and running out of places to store it all. Now I know if I got the shot and don't print out 90% of what I actually take. The rebel is big and bulky so I don't take it for a day at the beach if I plan on swimming etc. It's too pricey to leave sitting on a beach blanket (dh would kill me) but it is constantly out and used.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would say that, if you can afford a digital SLR, get it!!! I have the Canon 20D, as well as some Canon lenses, and they are awesome!!! Yes, they are expensive, but only the initial cost. After that you only 'have to' print out the photos you really like, unlike with a film SLR.
    have fun. )

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Canon Digital Rebel here too. We love it! DH is getting some really good photos. We do a lot more with photos these days too because of the camera. DH is designated photographer for most family events/parties and we send out photos to everyone afterwards. We also do a lot of cards, brochures, etc. I also print photos on fabric for my artwork.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the Nikon D40..I absolutely love it.Ive done a few weddings and everyone loves the pictures.
    Ive got the flash,and the bigger lens as well..which to me is a must.I took it to DisneyWorld and it was so great to have the bigger zoom and not have to be right up on something.

Actually the picture below of me was taken with the camera..by myself lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by acidcookie View Post
    Yep, I have the Canon Digital Rebel XT. I'll say, it's pretty awesome!

Me too!!! Now I just need to learn to use it to it's capabilitlies and not mine! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast