Digital camera question
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Digital camera question

I have a question about digital cameras. Still being stuck in the stone age, we don't have one.

Does anyone have any info on the Kodak Easyshare C643? Wal-Mart has a deal with the camera, printing dock, cables, etc. for $250. Is this a decent deal?

What type of digital camera would you suggest for a newbie?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd suggest anything with at least 3.2 megapixels, a zoom lens, and not too many features that you don't think you'll ever use. A nice feature is a camera that takes instant action shots. I know some cameras pause for a second before the shutter opens, and this can mean missing those split second photos.
    A feature we always use on our camera is the video, it will only record for 30 seconds, but sometimes its nice to catch those impromptu moments on video (we got our son's first steps on our camera's video). Make sure you get a good sized memory card (ours is 512 MB, and it will hold about 10 videos and 300 photos of the highest quality).
    You can go to a store's websites too and compare different cameras and their features to get the most bang for your buck.
    Happy shopping!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just looked this up and it is a 6.1 megapixals (is that the one?)
    If so that will tkae very clear pictures. I don't know if this one has the video.

I have a kodak easy share (not this one One I got about 5 years ago that is a 5 mega pixals) and I love it, it is easy to use and upload and just love it!!
    I would say this is a good camera and worth the $250. especially if it comes with the printer dock (I don't have one of those).

Eileen

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think that would be a great camera for you. I have mostly owned Sony Cybershot cameras (so has my father, and he won't use anything now but Sony). I think as long as it is over 3 megapixels. Get a large memory, so you won't run out of space, especially if you like to take pictures.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank, everyone for all the info. We went ahead with the Easyshare deal I mentioned above. I've only used it a couple of times, but so far so good!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You got a good deal and a great camera. My dd has one and loves it! I have a Kodak Easy-share 6.1 mp with video feature (different model) that will take an hour of video and I use it more than our video camera. I need to get my butt in gear though and copy my video's onto some CD's. That is the main reason I bought this computer, LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have the kodak easyshare z650 and the easyshare c743 and don't like either one. lol Paid $189 (black friday) for the z650 and $100 (amazon deal)for the c743.

The point and shoot series have a delayed shutter and neither videos have any type of stabilizer. The z650 takes too much manipulation to get a decent shot, so I miss pictures and the c743 is goofy on the flash. If you're used to a manual 35mm, then the z650 won't be any big deal for you to use. The setup for pictures is similar.

I want a no brainer point and shoot and not have to be concerned about over and underexposed pics. (read: poor backlighting feature)These two cameras have too much margin of error for my liking. So far, I've missed Zachary's recital and the kids visit to Santa Claus and Thanksgiving. It's time for a new camera when I am missing out on special moments.

Both have excellent ratings and reviews. I have to wonder who is reviewing. lol Of course, I'm sure some of my problems are due to my own expectations (wanting pictures) and not having an hour to set up the perfect shot. lol These two just aren't practical for what I wanted them for which is primarily taking pictures of my kids.

Also, some of the easyshares don't have a viewer and only the lcd screen, so you might want to consider that when purchasing an easyshare. Also the z650 comes with a plastic lense attachment. Makes no sense at all because any attachments need to be attached with metal, so the attachment that comes with it is useless.

Also, need to get a camera bag for both these models. The z650 is also large in comparison to the size of your typical current digital camera. You can't pop this in your pocket and go. It has a neck strap vs. wrist strap. Also consider the shutter, is it auto close or lense cap?

I could go on with the cons of both such as hand placement on them etc, but I think a camera is a personal item to purchase. Different people have different expectations. They are a decent bang for the buck.

On a sidenote, my old easyshare 3.1 megapixel I loved. In fact, I will probably continue to use that over these two newer easyshares.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is the Kodak DX7630.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd stay away from the kodak. nothing horrible, but I like sony, canon, and nikon a lot more.