Photography

Thread: Photography

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Photography

What are most of your photos of? Your family, children, pets, landscapes?

I love finding old abdandoned homes and taking photographs of them. I dont know why, but on overcast days, I think about finding houses that are falling apart, and taking photos of them. Of course, the homes I want to take photos of are homes that are 100 plus years old, and were, at one time, the jewel of the location. For some reason, I can still see their beauty, even though they are one termite bite away from being dust!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My kids. We were at the ocean recently, on vacation.

One day it was bright, but overcast - so no harsh shadows, and negligible backgrounds (grey water, grey sky, grey foggy air). I took a bunch of B&W and a few sepia pix of my children. They are some of the best photos I've ever taken.

My tip for taking pix of kids: get in close!! I have 10x optical zoom on my camera (plus digital zoom).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I take a lot of pictures of my dogs and any nice scenery I can get. I also like taking photos of my husband if I can get him to smile nice for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Most of my pics are of my boys and my cat, but I love taking pics of just odd stuff. I have a pic of a dead bird laying on a sidewalk, a pic of the first tomato I picked off my first tomato plant (also pics of my second, third, fourth, etc..tomatoes), I have taken pictures of my feet (left & right shots), my boys ears, etc..... This summer I took a lot of nature shots also, especially of the sky (they actually didn't turn out too bad)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of family pictures, get togethers, birthdays and holidays. Scenery and landscape. We love old buildings too. There are a couple of towns we visit that have old buildings and I love taking pictures of things like that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey Peg

I've seen quite a few of your pics and they are all great. Got any new one's to share?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Most of mine are of family or local scenery --- my son is a Marine, and I'll take pictures of local events, weather, etc to send to him so he still feels connected.

I took tons of pictures of the ice storm last week and emailed them him. I separated the pictures by location (or so I thought) I sent one to him saying they were taken at my mom's. He emailed me back and said I lied, as the last one was taken at MY house. . . I looked, and sure enough. So I know he looks at them and shares them with his buddies.

My daughter is thinking of doing photography as a profession-- she has a good eye, but rather eccentric at times. She's had a few photos published. She got "lucky" last year and took a picture of the setting sun out of our van window as we were driving down the interstate. The reflection of the sun/flash on the window made a perfect cross shape. That one got snapped up by publishers for Christian calendars.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Everything...events, people, scenery, plants, progressive pics (as a plant grows a pic a week, etc)

I love pics...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I pretty much grab a photo of anything that has good light or composition because that's the basis of photography to me, and the subject is often arbitrary. It could be a cool building, or a piece of candy on the ground.