Headaches while pregnant
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Headaches while pregnant

Did anyone else have major headaches while pregnant?

I have a major headache almost every day. Sometimes I think it is because I'm not eating enough but other days I have to take tylenol to get rid of it.

What helped you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How far along are you?

I had headaches nonstop for the first 3-4 months, and then again in my last month. Tylenol helped sometimes, but not always. The only thing I can suggest is make sure you're drinking enough water and sleeping enough.

Unfortunately headaches are pretty normal during pregnancy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tylenol, crackers and cheese helped. Juice did too. And napping...warm steamy baths helped.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had horrible headaches while pregnant and the dr told me to drink ALOT of gatorade, I was dehydrated and it is s bit different when your prego!
    He said, when your depleted of electrolites your brain tissue swells and rubs against your skull, therefore causing headaches...I drank the gatorade.....the headache was gone!!
    Hope this works hun!
    Mommy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Make sure you are eating at least 3 meals a day and snacking. Don't go too long without eating. I have reactive hypoglycemia, which is basically, that sometimes if I wait just a little too long to eat, when I do eat, my blood sugar goes up but then drops really low (once it was like 55) an hour after eating. At worse they cause me to feel dizzy but also cause me to have headaches. Seemed like this was worse during pregnancy. I had a lot of headaches. If this seems like it may be something you have, you can get a meter usually cheap or even free after rebate (rite aid this week) and start checking it an hour after you eat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had problems with both my pregnancies. I got headaches every day at around 2pm. You could set your watch by it! The doctor told me that it was hormonal. It was a hormone fluctuation and that the only thing that would help would be tylenol. So it could be hormonal.

But also be sure you are drinking enough water or gatorade. You can dehydrate really quickly when pregnant becuase of all the extra fluids in your body that continue to regenerate. So be sure your drinking enough, becuase that could cause headaches too!

Hopefully you find a solution, headaches are no fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have headaches which became worse when pregnant. My doctor finally prescribed Fioricet for me since it was safe with pregnancy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for all the input so far. I'm 17 weeks pregnant. I can sometimes eat and that will help but not always. I also try tylenol but I try to avoid it whenever I can. I'll try the gatoraid too. It is nice to know that it didn't last the whole pregnancy for many of you that mentioned it.

I'm open to more ideas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I was pg with my #3 I had a headache that never went away....... The Dr kept telling me that it was a tenson headache, and it would go away when I had the baby...... It didn't. I also told him my stomach hurt that was because I was pg.... Not it was my gallblader. But that doesn't happen to most people. Hope they go away soon for you
    Fern

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No advice, but I hope you can find some relief! I haven't had any issues with headaches this pregnancy, morning sickness on the other hand has been terrible. I'm 31 weeks along and I'm still on anti-nausea pills.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Try high magnesium foods - pumpkin seeds, beets, oatmeal, leafy greens. Headaches may be a calcium-magnesium imbalance. You could also try Epsom salt baths. Do you have any issues with constipation or muscles aches and pains or trouble sleeping? Most of us are low in magnesium and I have noticed that all of "my pregnancy symptoms supposedly due to hormones" are alleviated by a magnesium supplement - it makes sense as magnesium is needed for DNA division and since the baby is rapidly growing, it uses a lot. Lots of us also eat extra dairy during this time which also can contribute to a cal-mag imbalance. I am currently 31 weeks pregnant with my 4rth! I have learned a lot about mineral and vitamin deficiency since my last due to family health issues and am having a much healthier pregnancy because of it.

I also agree with the dehydration. Make sure you are drinking enough.

Amanda