Frugal Village Forums banner

what are you eating while pregnant

6K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  djbout 
#1 ·
Hello Ladies,

What are you eating? Or what did you eat when you were pregnant? I feel like I'm not eating near enough but nothing sound good to me.

The first trimester I lived off baked potatoes. That is still my standby food. I can't stand reheated meat, and I'm a meat eater from wayback. Also I have always loved chicken and now I can't bring myself to eat it.

I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow and my appetite is really picking up but nothing sounds good. I'll make a big hearty meal and everyone will love it except me.

I always loved sweets before I was pregnant but I can't eat them now.

Has anyone else when through this?

#2 ·
I love chicken, but with both pregnancies I went through a period where I couldn't even look at it. I never really have cravings, mostly just food aversions, but it doesn't stop me from eating because allowing myself to get hungry makes me very queasy and light-headed.

Reactions: always2busy
#4 ·
I ahd more aversions than cravings, I lived on fresh pinapple (nearly a whole one each day, middle of winter$$) tuna subs from Blimpie, no lettuce, god help the guy who puts lettuce on my sandwich, and cheerios with fat free milk, and every night dh had to make me a sugar free hot cocoa. I could not even consider eating fresh greens of any sort, chinese food, even the thought of any sort of asian or indian food made me sick, pizza was out for the first 4-5 mos, most cold cuts were vomit inducing, except,believe it or not, liverwurst with yellow american cheese on white bread with mayo. The princess is now 18 mos old and pinapple is her favorite food in the entire world!

#5 ·
With Paige, I couldn't stand the smell of a Chinese Resturant (I could get it to go and eat it with no problems, but the smell of the sushi bar would turn my stomach as soon as we hit the parking lot if we tried to go in one) With her I wanted bread and lots of it, and to this day she's been known to pull the loaf off the counter and rip the bag to get a piece of bread (now I leave the tie off and just fold it under...lol). With this one, I've not really had any aversion or cravings, I just eat what sounds good at the time I'm hungry....lol) Although on the day's that I felt a little under the weather during the first few months I would make me a big pot of potato soup and eat it with cheese & crackers and lots of salt and pepper and what ever fruit I could find around the house.

Reactions: always2busy
#6 ·
I am 7 weeks pregnant and feeling so yucky! No foods look good or sound good and I need to eat better than I have been. Today I had 1/2 bagel with butter and some oj for breakfast, 1/2 cup applesauce for snack, bowl of cereal with milk for lunch, 1/2 bagel with butter for snack and a hot choc. For dinner I am having a slice of cheese pizza and as much of side salad from Wendy's that I can choke down. My stomach feels really "off" I haven't been sick yet, but I feel like I could be. I know it's normal to feel bad, but I can't seem to stomach anything and it's getting expensive. Leftovers gross me out, it doesn't matter that I ate the food for dinner the night before, it's a new day and they sicken me. Help! The baked potato sounds like something I could handle, pineapple too (thought Dh will freak at the cost of it), I've been sipping gingerale and it helps somewhat.

#8 ·
With my first child I lost any desire for sweets and especially for Coca-Cola, even though I was addicted prior to pregnancy. During my first trimester with him I craved sharp cheddar cheese, hard-boiled eggs, Granny Smith apples, and orange juice. I ate NO sweets or Coca-Cola the whole pregnancy except for one small piece of birthday cake.

With my second chile I was nauseated the whole first trimester (never threw up, just felt awful) and I ate lots of dairy products-----they made me less yukky feeling than anything else. Once that time was over EVERYTHING tasted good---sweets, fruits, meat, veggies, anything at all.

#9 ·
I had serious morning sickness (like needed to have IV's to replace fluids every time morning sickness). When I finally could eat something it was different every time. I was usually about the same weight when I had the baby as when I started because I had to gain back the 20 lb I lost. Babies were fine though 7-7 through 9-8.
#1-craved ketchup
#2-watermelon
#3-whoppers from BK
#4-strawberries
#5-grapes
#6-hummus
#7-pineapple
No rhyme or reason. I say eat what sounds reasonably good.

Reactions: Marie78
#11 ·
My poor Dh:smooch:, he watched football with friends today and when he came back home I had a list of things I thought I could eat: jello, pudding, pineapple chunks, Trix cereal, peanut butter crackers, strawberries, bananas, and chocolate chip ice cream. He went shopping and came home with all the foods I think I will want to snack on in the next few days. He must be fed up with me by now! I've had a bowl of cereal and some pineapple this evening. Now I'm about to have some ice cream (just a little):toothy:.

#12 ·
Been awhile since I was pregnant but I clearly remember craving granny smith apples which was good for me, but now for the grossness, I also craved McDonalds french fries dipped in McDonalds chocolate shakes:puke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.