Placental Previa
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Placental Previa

Has anyone else had a placental previa? They noticed when I went in for my ultrasound a few weeks ago 9at 18 weeks). I haven't been bleeding or anything so I'm not worried. Unfortunately I can't do anything strenuous. No running, lifting, or sex.

I have another ultrasound scheduled for 24 weeks to see if it is better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

With my 4th child I was put on bedrest at 9 or 10 weeks. I went to the doctor because of spotting, ultrasound showed the placenta was right on the edge of the cervix. I was put on complete bedrest at that time, I was taken off bedrest at around 24 weeks because ultrasound showed the placenta moved up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to hear about what you're dealing with. Hopefully it will improve as your pregnancy progresses.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had one during my third pregnancy. I did end up bleeding a few times/in the hospital, and then went on bed rest. I did go full term and everything turned out fine. I wish you the best!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had it with my second child. It was the same as justpeachy. I was put on light activity, then on bedrest for a bit, just becuase of bleeding, but by 26 weeks or so, the u/s showed that the placenta had shifted upward as my uterus got bigger.

Good luck to you! Just don't panic if you have some spotting! Just take it easy and call your doctor if it happens!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found out I had it when I was farther along(it has been 21 years! hard to remember LOL) but I was at least 5-6 months when I found out.

I had been going to military hospital and got champused out THANK GOD because these dopes kept saying everything is fine fine no problems blah blah blah.

So we get champused out because there were too many military wives having babies.

I pick a dr out of the phone book, go to my first appointment , get a sonogram and whamo I find out that my baby could be born dead or brain damaged due to military INCOMPETANCE!

I wasn't given any special orders, bedrest, nothing like that, he just prepared me for the event of a c-section. I was 18 years old, away from home and scared silly.

I was told that if it didn't move that I would have a c-section which I did have.

No complications and my baby will be 21 November 15th!

It could still move and what is most important is that your dr is aware of what is going on and you are doing what you need to keep baby safe.

Try and be calm, I know it is scary.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had it with two pregnancies. I was on total bed rest with dd17 from my 5th month until she was delivered by c-section. I was in and out of the hospital 4 times due to heavy bleeding. It was so bad I even had to sit on a chair while taking a shower or I'd start bleeding! She was born perfectly fine. However, I lost my second child in my 5th month because I was unable to stay on bed rest because I had a toddler to take care of. I'm glad to see that the placenta moves up with most women.
    Last edited by Missourimom; 10-28-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had it with my second son. Total bed rest for the last 5 month. Everything was a ok though!
    Best of luck on the new baby!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Never had, but I hope everything will turn out fine and you'll have a happy healthy baby at the end!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for all your feedback. I haven't been put on bedrest just light activity. Also I haven't had any bleeding. I know I'm very fortunate. I'm sure everything will work out fine. I'll update again when I have my next ultrasound in November.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good Luck, it sounds like you are doing what you can for now. (Hugs)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My friend who just had her baby had a low placenta (don't remember how low though) and it moved up also. She wound up with a csection but that was because her baby's head was like 14 1/2 centimeters (which is supposed to be huge).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to hear that you are having a complication with your pregnancy. If you are not on bedrest than maybe it is a mild case. Just make sure that you really follow the light duty list that your doctor gave you. Hopefully it will improve with your next ultrasound. Just make sure that you call the doctor if you start having any spotting or bleeding. Congratulations on your pregnancy. You will get through this and then everything will be a breeze for you.
    There are a couple of bright notes about this. 1. if this is your first child than it will probably be the last time you get any kind of rest, so enjoy it while you can.
    2. I know women that would kill to get an excuse from their doctor to get out of having sex.
    I am not making light of your situation, just trying to humor you. Again, contratulations on the baby.