35 weeks ultrasound breech baby
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 35 weeks ultrasound breech baby

anyone else have this and baby turned in time? dr wants me to rock on hands and knees everyday til next appt in 2 weeks... if she doesnt turn, the dr can try to turn her or possible c section...
    i dont want a c section if i can help it cuz theres noone to help when baby comes home...
    advice please? im worried

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some babies don't turn at all. Some babies turn several times in the last few weeks. Some won't turn until just a week or two before delivery. Don't give up hope!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of mine was breech the last month or so, but he turned on his own before delivery time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine was breech right up until I was in delivery. The doc turned him around WHILE I was in labor with his own two hands!!! Don't worry, many babies are breech and turn around on their own right before they decide to make an appearance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i was born breech . back in the early 60s....the drs kept coming in and whispering and wouldnt tell my mom what was going on .
    scared the heck out of her . lucky for her i was teeny , only 5 lbs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Like the others said, many babies flip a number of times before they are born. My midwife & I had this discussion & she said that she had learned a trick to keeping a baby from flipping again into a breech after he/she was in the right head-down position. She had learned from an elderly midwife...that at around 7 1/2 months, if you were to wear a belt around the top part of your abdomen, it would prevent the child from flipping back into the breeched position & he/she would stay put until delivery...& yes, it actually worked, as strange as it sounds

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by many houseapes View Post
    Like the others said, many babies flip a number of times before they are born. My midwife & I had this discussion & she said that she had learned a trick to keeping a baby from flipping again into a breech after he/she was in the right head-down position. She had learned from an elderly midwife...that at around 7 1/2 months, if you were to wear a belt around the top part of your abdomen, it would prevent the child from flipping back into the breeched position & he/she would stay put until delivery...& yes, it actually worked, as strange as it sounds
    Forgot to add, that if you consider doing this, I would still ask for your doctor's opinion.I do not doubt my midwife's capabilities at all, she's delivered over 1000 babies - including my youngest 3 - but if you are under a doctor's care, you might want to see if he thinks it would be something for you to try.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of my twins was born butt first and folded in half (um, he wasn't a c-section baby). He was flipping still a few days before he was born. He was Twin B. After I had Twin A, I think Twin B was totally excited to get unsquished that he sat in there for a few hours and spun circles.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Out of four of my pregnancies they all were breech at one time or another. I did have one that was facing wrong. Good luck and hopefully it will turn soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs to you...........hope things 'turn around'.........am sure
    they will be okay.

Mine was breech at one time...........but turned.

STAY CALM...........

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My youngest was feet down in the final month but turned a few weeks before delivery. Although she was still pointing the wrong direction (face up). I still was able to deliver her naturally though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

About 20% of all babies are breech at this gestational age. Tricks you can try--lying upside down on the ironing board propped up on the couch, something cold on the top of your stomach, moxibustion(you have to find an acupuncturist for this).

Here is a site with more tips.Spinning Babies Home | spinningbabies.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

sounds as if you should not add worrying about this to your list. Babies sure do have a mind of their own - please keep us posted!!

fl5
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My youngest children are twins. I delivered the first baby head first, (7lbs) naturally, then the doctor spent almost 30 minutes trying to turn the second baby, who was breech. I ended up delivering the baby breech (6lbs.13oz)...naturally. I had been very clear from the beginning about wanting a natural delivery...no meds and no c-section unless our lives were at risk. I'm petite, 5'2" and they are my 4th and 5th children...I'm sure that my dr thought I was nuts, but I felt like a pro by then. I'd had a c-section with my first child, then two vbacs, and did not want a c-section again. If the baby does not turn, I'm sure the dr will try to convince you to go with a c-section, mine tried to convince me. My advice would be to do what dr thinks best to try to have baby change position and really think about how important NOT having a c-section is to you. If it's very important to you, then let the dr know ahead of time that you want to deliver the baby breech naturally if needed...as long as your and the baby's lives and health are not at risk. Let dr know that you do not want c-section...only as final option. TRY not to worry...either way, before long you're going to have a beautiful baby and things always work themselves out. Best of luck...take care.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of grandsons turned 1 week before he was born and the other turned 3 days before he was born. My oldest daughter turned a week before she was born. I wouldn't worry about it.