Ecv?

Thread: Ecv?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Ecv?

A little background, I'm a first time mom who is 37 weeks today with a little girl. I'm having an External Cephalic Version tomorrow morning to try to flip our breech little one. I've heard they're incredibly painful and since I'm a first time mom the doctor is only giving me a 50/50 chance of it working. He thinks it's worth the chance b/c otherwise I'll definitely have a C-section. I've done a lot of research and the risks seem very low.

Just wondering if anyone in the village has had one and what their experience was?

TIA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't had one. I wish you luck. However, unless there are other issues that may make them schedule a c-section before 40 weeks, the baby could turn on its own even after all this. So don't give up hope. I think another thread talked about it. Can't remember if you were the one starting that one.

I would ask your doctor if he's open to trying a delivery if the baby stays breech. Ask specific questions about why or why not. What physical things about me make it easier or harder? How long do you plan on giving me before scheduling a c-section if this procedure fails? Why? What risks do you see for the baby? Etc...

I've had c-sections with all of mine by necessity, so if you want to talk to anyone about them, I could help you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We r due a week apart! My dd is also frank breech... if she doesnt turn by next friday they will do ecv... good luck keep me posted...
    Im petrified of a c-section

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

She turned! It was by no means comfortable....but after about 8 minutes or so they got her fully flipped. The nurse said it was the first successful one she'd seen on a first time mom. The doc says he thinks she's big enough now that it would be nearly impossible for her to flip back on her own. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be simply b/c it was over in 10 minutes.

Good luck alarosalpn! I hope she turns on her own.