Anyone have children born really close together?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anyone have children born really close together?

My three children were all born six years apart. They are now 12y, 6y, and the youngest will be 6 months next week. I took a test two nights ago and by my caluclations I am 4-5weeks pregnant! I have never carried a baby to full term, so this mean the two youngest are going to be 12-13 months apart! OMG-I am so shocked and stressed and just don't know what to think or feel right now.

To add a little comedy to the story: hubby's appointment to 'get fixed' is next week-I seriously want to wring his neck for procrastinating!

Anyhow, my question is what is in store for me financially (besides having to buy a larger vehicle), and what's in store for me emotionallly? Are you still able to bond as tightly when they're so young and both need so much attention?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My boys are 16 months apart, but they kinda "grew" together, I mean they still do. When they were young the oldest was 2 and the youngest was 1 it was a handful, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know a girl at my church whose kids are 13 months apart. They are girls and she dresses them like twins. Maybe you can get the older kids to help.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my older 2 are 14 months apart & #'s 3 & #4 are 16 1/2 months apart. i had no problem bonding with any of my kiddos...after the shock wears off, you'll be okayIts not as scary as you anticipate. My youngest is 6 1/2 months & I would be absolutely thrilled if I were to become pregnant right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First of all:

Second of all, mine are (or will be) between 2-3 years apart but I have a friend who has three, all one year apart. She bonded just fine with all of them. Whether she got any sleep at all for around 4 years is another question.

Financially the worst thing is the diapers, I think, depending on whether you breast feed or not. Two in diapers full-time gets pricey fast! I'm actually facing this myself because Ingrid is not cooperating on the potty-training agenda. I keep hoping that any day now it will "click" with her and then we'll only need diapers for nighttime. That would be so nice for my budget... Also tough are the doctor's bills. Seems like even healthy babies go to the doctor a lot their first two years of life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello jenray,I have 4 children oldest is 22,next one and her sister are 19,18 they are born 1year and 3 days apart.And the my son born 3 years later.When thay were little it was to me having twins.What is nice is they look out for each other and they teach each other like when i was potty training Heather the 19 year old Jennifer learned also she could not wait and do what her big sis did.But on the other hand the hard side is both get sick same time both get cranky same time.You do save on clothes if you like passing down by the time one grew out of something the next one was ready saved some money.Now that my kids are older I will say to you what my Mom said to me this is the best time of your life good or bad enjoy.I wish you all the best.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you so much for the insight on this! I am beginning to feel a little better. I was starting to feel guilty that maybe the 6mo old was going to have to 'grow up too fast' because new baby will get attention, etc. but I see your point about being able to share and grow up together and it sounds almost exciting considering everyone else is so far apart.

I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but thank you all for easing my mind a little bit tonight- I greatly appreciate it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DDs are 16 months apart. It was hard on me when they were very small. It was almost, as someone else said, like having a set of twins. My DDs are as different as night and day, but they are VERY VERY close to one another. If I could go back and do it over, I wouldn't change it. They have just grown up together. I always had time with each one. I breast fed, so didn't have the expense of formula. And, they wore cloth diapers during the day, unless we went somewhere. Lots of washing, but didn't buy many Pampers and such. I dressed them alike a lot, sometimes exactly and sometimes the same outfits just in different colors. I did this until the oldest told me she didn't want to dress like her sister anymore. LOL! It's tough, but it's wonderful all at the same time. I had my hands full. Especially when their biological father walked out when they were 2 and 3. Just relax and enjoy, it goes by WAY TOO FAST. My oldest DD is graduating from high school this year and seems like only yesterday I watched her walking by herself into her Pre-K.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My girls are 14 months apart. They are inseparable. It was tough on me emotionally, but now it's great. With this one DD#2 will be 3 years old when the baby is born so to me that will be a whole other challenge!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My sister and I are exactly a year and two weeks apart. Mom went in to labor on my birthday and was in slow labor till my sister was born. Having the two of us plus a special needs child was definitely a challenge for my parents... three in diapers at the same time. She became a master at washing cloth diapers because disposable diapers just weren't an option in the '60s.
    Luckily for her I grew up fast and wanted to be big sister so I potty trained easily and quickly transitioned to a full sized bed.
    As for my sister and I, we do not get along and are as different as night and day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have three children who are 21 months apart. I was so scared when I found out that I was pregnant for my last child. I had a friend that told me "IF you can afford to have one child then you can find away to afford as many as you would like to have". This was a lady who had five children who ages were also close together then her husband passed on. The kids were just babies when this happed. I found ways to spend time with each child and bond with them. There was not much time for mommy but I got through it. I did not work out of the home either until my daughter was two. Good luck to you and your family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a client with two little boys 10 months apart, and nobody was early or late. Her life appears to be COMPLETE pandemonium.

If her husband ever shows his face around here I'd sorely tempted to give him a dressing down!! Couldn't WAIT to get frolicking with the wifey again! Grrrr

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! Congratulations! My two kiddos are four and a half years apart and this next one will be a three and a half year gap so mine aren't close together by any means. That being said...my stepmother had four kids in five years and somehow they managed. The house was chaotic at times. There was lots of illness all at once. There was lots of helping with homework. There were also lots of people to help with the chores and play games and have big family dinners. I know lots of people with kiddos really close in age and those siblings all seem really close. I think "mom's" time is limited, but it's only for a little while. They all grow so fast. Are you going to be due in October too?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OMG- 10 months apart almost seems unreal!

Yes, I'm predicting a due date in October and will have a serious talk with dr about how to cook this baby longer than 34 weeks. I definately won't be doing as much this summer as I did last summer while pregnant. UGH! Another summer in Texas pregnant.

I've really been pondering this a lot the last few days and have come to the conclusion that God wouldn't give me anything I can't handle. Dh made a good point about not having to buy another bassinet, swing, etc and baby should be off formula and close to walking when this one arrives.

This is child #2 for Dh (oldest two were from previous), so I guess it's meant to be. I'm going to keep my head up and will keep everyone posted on our progress.

Thanks again for everyone's encouraging words!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats... I swear they need to bottle this water you all been drinking. You would make a fortune! LoL
    I can't imagine my kids being that close. I have trouble with a 4 year old and a almost 2 year old. So since I can't offer advice I can say good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast