IUD's and Pregnancy
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default IUD's and Pregnancy

Hi again,
    Okay, I have a ParaGard IUD that I have had since the spring. Before that, I had another ParaGard, but it was starting to expel. We caught just in time!!
    I am having sooo many pregnancy symptoms! I got a test earlier this week and it was negative. But I am getting worried now. I can't feel the strings anymore! I am sure I am just a drama queen - and I am trying to stay away from "googling" the topic. Otherwise I will really be suffering huge symptoms and ready to deliver!! Ugh!! So, I am headed off to get a pregnancy test done in the morning at the clinic. I have an appointment with the doctor on Thursday to take out my IUD (this was scheduled as result of discussing having another baby) - but I think I should go tomorrow before I worry myself to death. I am surprisingly not a drama queen in real life - but this is just tooo weird!! BTW I was experiencing these pregnancy symptoms before we started seriously discussing having another baby. We just need to get the timing right.
    Thank you again!
    Dianne

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Luck and Keep us posted. I'm not sure what the right answer is, but I wish you the best.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have an IUD and I know what you mean! I have a mirana, I was in the hospital about 3 months ago because I was haveing contractions. The thought I had an etopic preg. It turned out I had an ovarian cyst, that comes and goes. I can not wait to get mine out, we are getting ready to try again too!

On a side note to you happen to know how long you have to wait to get preggers after you have it taken out?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck, whatever happens. My daughter had an iud, it came loose and now she's pregnant again!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not to scare you. My oldest dd had one in for 3 years no problems. All of a sudden she is preggers. They did an ultrasound and found the IUD where is was surpose to be. They removed it, and she lost the baby. good luck at the Dr's.
    Fern

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Definately get it checked out if you cannot feel the strings. I believe that you do not have to wait any specific amount of time after it is removed to try and conceive. Good luck and I hope everything works out ok and according to the plan you and DH have worked out. I am pregnant with #3 who was most definately not planned (I had an appointment to get my tubes tied) so I know about the importance of planning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a Paraguard for a year and a half. Then I was almost a month late for AF, finally tested thinking there is NO WAY I could be pregnant! I was pregnant. Huge shock for us. I go to the dr and the IUD is no where to be found. I have no idea when or how it fell out, either. I ended up miscarrying around 10 weeks, sadly. Since that was my 3rd miscarriage in 5 years, I decided I was not willing to try to get pregnant again and opted for a tubal ligation while I was having surgery for the miscarriage (D&C).

I never thought I would get pregnant after getting an IUD! Even my OB told me she only had one patient in 20+ years that had got pregnant with one. I was the talk of the OB office that day. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Update...

Hello All!
    We are not pregnant! Now normally that would not be good news - but it is right now. I am going tomorrow to have my IUD taken out so we can try for another baby. I was really worried - as we have had two miscarriages and lost my daughters twin during my last pregnancy. We are really excited, but realistic. I understand sometimes things take time. Thank you all for your support and posts!
    Dianne

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a friend here who had the mirena (sp). She found out she was pregnant w/ #4 after only having it in for 3 months.