Frugal Village Forums banner

Preparedness & Survival Gear....Where do you?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Thevail 
#1 ·
While reading this forum and everyones discussions of what they have, don't have, think they can do with/or without....the thought occurred to me "Where do you get your emergency stuff?" I'm sure there are many new frugalers (and some oldies but goodies) who want to know.

Where would I go for gear such as radios, water filters, toilets (yes I would have to go in an emergency:toilet:)

I see many posts about individuals who grind their own wheat...where do you get that? do you have an electric mill? and what if there is no electricity?

Do you keep a master notebook? Recipes, phone numbers etc? Do you rotate garden seed? Do you buy heirloom varieties? Why or why not? What happens if there is no gas and or deisel for the garden tractor?

I know some of the answers for myself, but in my quest to be prepared I want to know your thoughts and I'd like to know where you purchase supplies.

Reactions: mzpepper
#2 ·
Reactions: frugal-fannie
#3 ·
Amazon has a large selection of survival gear. They carry Eton radios that are self powered as well as solar and batteries. You can search self powered radios or self powered flashlights (www.amazon.com). For non electric items Lehmans is hard to beat. Their clientele base is the Amish. The sell oil lamps, crank grain mills and about everything else you can think of. (www.lehmans.com) I am sure in the event of an emergency you would require a large supple of glue. I am not sure where to send you for that.

#4 ·
Amazon has a large selection of survival gear. They carry Eton radios that are self powered as well as solar and batteries. You can search self powered radios or self powered flashlights (www.amazon.com). For non electric items Lehmans is hard to beat. Their clientele base is the Amish. The sell oil lamps, crank grain mills and about everything else you can think of. (www.lehmans.com) I am sure in the event of an emergency you would require a large supple of glue. I am not sure where to send you for that.

Shocked look to you! You don't think the GLUE MISTRESS would actually ever be out do you? I have glue that I cant tell about --it's a national secret. Besides flour and water make great glue in a bind. LOL....now I might run out of duct tape and that would be an emergency.

:hocus:

#5 ·
Waltons has the best grinder information known to mankind.. WOmankind too!

when they redid their site everything was taken down.. they are slowly putting it back up but needs some work. Photos are still missing, huge spaces on a page so scroll down even though it looks blank.

read everything, link and so on. They are working on it so more may be back up soon!

http://waltonfeed.com/blog/showCategory/category_id/34

I have a hand grinder that can be motorized.

#9 · (Edited)
I get mine from emergencyessentials dot com
The shipping is super...$6, $9, or $12 that is it...even if I order 200lbs of wheat berries!!

They also have great hand crank radios and other emergency stuff!! Some I would never purchase, like the MRE...yuck!

I have a hand grinder mill (cause I believe the the electric will be out when I need to grind wheat the most) but my hubby has it hooked to an electric motor (cause we can right now)
Emergency essentials has mills too... You can order a free catalog and oogle over all the goodies!

I also have a local bulk food supplier that I get a lot from, but they just don't carry everything...(like no whole corn, or soybeans and they will only special red or white hard wheat for me in 50 lb bags, cause they only stock the store with smaller bags).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.