Storms looming? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storms looming?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

in eastern NC it started snowing about 3 am and it snowed all day. just stopping now. I think we got about 7 or 8 inches here. what's weird is that on Saturday it's supposed to get up to 60 degrees here. guess I should not have packed away the kids' shorts

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In northern Jersey, here. We have about 5-6" now, and it's still coming down, hard. Dh is out with the snowblower to clear it off once before bed, so that it's not quite as terrible in the morning. However, if it keeps going like this, what he's doing now will have been a waste of time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here in WV we got the tail end of the big North East storm. It snowed a couple of new inches, with a few more tonight and early tomorrow predicted.

Coming home from work was a little slick this evening, but by the end of the week, its supposed to be in the 50s?!

We're pretty prepared...which is good. My sis was at Walmart earlier and reported that the bread aisle was cleaned out, lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm with Keith.....rain ...rain....and more rain....and then...MORE RAIN!!!!

Scratch that...I hear HAIL.....LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

NH here...it started snowing little stuff a while ago, we've probably got 3-6 inches of new stuff on the ground. Prediction is that we'll get more.

My good winter gloves were lost? Finally remembered, they were in the car, so the car got cleared off somewhat a bit ago, so I could retrieve my gloves.

We have bottled water, made sure the plug in to charge lights are plugged in, laid a fire in the woodstove, brought in extra wood, and DH checked/serviced the snow blower. We're as ready as we know how to be.

If it isn't insane, I'd love to take stuff to the antique store tomorrow, although it will wait a day.

We'll see!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are in a State of an Emergency getting a Blizzard I'm about 2 hours north of Portland Maine , I just came home from work there is about maybe 3-4 inches we are suppose to get 15-18 we are well stocked only needed a loaf of bread I do have dry milk and every thing I need to make home made bread but I was on the road all day and then off to work so was easier just to buy a loaf .I have to work in the morning and they are saying do not travel if you do not have will see what tomorrow brings . Stay warm and dry every one.!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stay warm and safe everyone. Nothing going on here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You guys that are getting the horrible storms......STAY SAFE AND WARM!

Let us know how you are doing............take care.

I am with Keith and frugalfoster......but our rain eased up too. Have snow coming in later this week.....few inches...but could be blasted over next weekend. I will plan accordingly this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We must have been on the edge of the storm and got about 5-6". It's really getting windy and that is going to make for some major snow drifts.
    NYC is a mess and the trickle down effect of airports & railways being closed is impacting thousands of travelers.
    Stay safe and take it easy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We got about 3 inches over night, and a possible 2-4 additional inches during the day today! So not so bad, thankfully!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are getting a little snow but not a lot yet. What is doing damage here is a HORRIBLE strong fierce wind out of the NW direction. Most of the roads have drifting conditions and white outs. We have a lot of fluffy snow that is getting moved around a lot.
    Hubby decided to get breakfast in town instead of making a trip home. He is still not sure if he will make it home for lunch. During a storm, they have to make a early afternoon run too.

I went ahead and pulled some extra water this morning. Did up the only load of clothes early. Made extra coffee and put in it 3 thermos bottles. We normally don't lose power unless someone takes a pole out in the village / town area.
    I just wish people would just stay home during storms, if they don't have to travel. We have a scanner and it's mind boggling, the number of accidents.
    I am glad the hubby put up a snowfence late this fall. The mouth of our driveway is open. There is one drift in the middle part of the driveway but not bad. One can pull the truck in and not be in it. And then the craziest piled up drift in front of the garage. Kind of like heavy whipped topping with a pointy peak. We actually should have had 2x the snow fence up but did not have the extra money. Next winter it will be in place

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It looks like you have sent your storm down here. The news was actually saying a blizzard warning may kick in in the p.m. I don't think I have ever heard that before. We will see if it comes about. Either way, I'm running to the store to pick up some tissue (stinkin' sinuses) and some comfy goods to make the time locked in with the kids bearable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are just starting to get our 3rd big winter storm. We should get anywhere from 1 to 14 inches. (From the three weather places I check out on line.) It's supposed to last through tomorrow morning. I was really happy that instead of the freezing rain it was showing, we're getting snow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A snowman kit??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12