Storms looming?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storms looming?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Storms looming?

We're about to get our first real taste of winter tonight & tomorrow. Hubby moved cars around to place the snowblower & tractor with plow in a good spot to just be able to drive them out to do their work. Went & got more gas for generator & various machines. Feels good to be ready for whatever comes our way.
    I see the Vikings vs Eagles game has been rescheduled, not surprised.
    What's going on weather wise near you, you all set?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in NY too! So we are going to be getting the same storm as you! I guess we've had a good year weather wise so far...so I guess we'll just have to deal with this winter storm. We have plenty of food in the house. We will be going out to run some errands later before the storm hits, I will be picking up extra water, to have just incase power is out and whatever. Plan to turn the heat up this after noon to get the house nice and warm incase power goes out as well...hoping to retain whatever heat we can in that case. We have plenty of blankets, candles and warm clothing. I guess being from upstate NY, you grow up with the preparedness mentality, because it's a part of life with the harsh winters!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We just got over a big Pineapple Express storm: warm, very wet tropical air straight from Hawaii. We had 6 inches of rain in two days. There is lots of flooding in the nearby town. Our neighbour's little 16-foot wide pond is about 100 feet wide, and the bench that was beside it has floated 40 feet away. We are warm and dry at our place, thankfully.

Surprisingly, the power was out for only an hour. The Hydro company must have already had a crew here when it went out. The ferry missed one or two sailings.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i am in NJ not too far from philly - i worked today by the time i was done with my last pt (which i did the one in my town last) we had over an inch in the ground and it was slippery to drive -and i have AwD we are getting about an inch an hour -

oldest dd is at work till until about 5 dh drove her and will pick her up as she doesnt like to drive in snow since i worked and have a bunch of paperwork to do we decided to get take out from her restautant and i will probably end up with a 6th child living here until tomorrow as younger dds best friend is her with the knowledge she would probably end up snowed in .

we have wood by the WBS ready to go in case we loose electricity as they are talking 40 mph winds .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're not getting any of it

But we do have to drive down state (Horseheads, NY) tomorrow, I hope it's not too icky down that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wishing everyone the best of luck! When we lived in Ohio I hated storms..hope everyone stays warm and dry and keeps their electric
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Suppose to get 20 inches here. ugh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here in Atlanta we got a teaser. We only received an inch or so yesterday which really is a big deal for the South. I did see a few flurries earlier today but no big deal. I am a bit disappointed though, raised in NE as a kid, I kind of miss it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've got 4-5 inches of new snow here in southwest Virginia mountains. The ground has been snow covered since Dec 4. Just talked to a friend on the other side of the mountain and she said they got 6" new snow this morning. It's still snowing here and at her place. The forecast is for up to 12".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live in IN and we missed the storm I want to make a snowman too since dh got a snowman kit from my sister for christmas and we only have about 2 in here boo hoo! Enjoy the present from the angels!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They are calling for 12-18 inches of snow. It has been snowing from around 12:30pm today. Small flakes so it will be interesting to see how much by the morning. Am supposed to go to the grocery store tomorrow but if it gets cancelled will be alright. Have more than enough food here. Just hope the electric does not go out tonight.

Guess we were bound to finally get snow around here since it has usually been warm and very little snow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We may have gotten another inch since last night. The roads were actually slushy and the snow plows were out but I don't think they will hit it too hard since the kids are on break. Just scattered flurries in the forecast. It was a pretty snow this morning though. Not real big flakes but the fluffy kind that slowly float down.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Latest update: 25 inches of snow possible. We live NW of Boston. I always like to prepared hoping not to lose power
    Stay safe and warm everyone!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still snowing here. It didn't start until 11 am today (Sunday) but we already have several inches already. At least I have enough blankets to keep warm. My apartment complex hires people to keep the roads clear. Sometimes they're better than the township roads. On the other hand, some of my neighbors and I take this time to dig out our cars together. Makes things go faster and we get a chance to chat, rather than just say hello and go about our way.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here in the GA Mtns, we got around 6" of snow on Christmas Day and today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast