A little Scary
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little Scary

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default A little Scary

I signed up for the Honeyvillegrain site to get emails about their monthly discounts. I thought I would check it out since I am considering whether or not to splurge and get dehydrated products for long term storage.

So I checked out the site today. WOW! They have a lot of things temporarily unavailable. I have only bought a case of the dehydrated eggs from them (in the past). I check the site from time to time and have hardly ever seen this. You can still buy alot of the individual cans of things, but the combo cases are what is mostly out. A little scary are people wising up to what is going on?

I am going to talk with DH about it when he gets up,maybe we should go over our inventory.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A lot of things may be being purchased by charities to be sent to aid in the relief efforts in Japan.

Just another thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Honeyvillegrain is great but so many use them, that it doesn't surprise me that happens once in awhile. Our gov. has been buying big amounts of ready to eat things for awhile as well, not sure where from though. You might be better off getting from a local Co-op , no shipping prices and they might have the larger quantities you are looking for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've noticed this happens every once in a while. Anytime there is a big disaster, survival gear sells out quick.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, though about it after I posted it. Just seems more convenient for me to order it and have it delivered to my door. I have just never seen that many things sold out before. I suppose it is because of Japan. Glad places are donating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceef View Post
    Yeah, though about it after I posted it. Just seems more convenient for me to order it and have it delivered to my door. I have just never seen that many things sold out before. I suppose it is because of Japan. Glad places are donating.
    Look into Azure standard depending on where you live, Bulkfoods online and I will have to see if there are any others.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This started happening before the crisis in Japan. A lot of people think they are 2012 related, kind of like what happened in 1999 for Y2K.

You can get lots of stuff from Sams or Costco and have it delivered. I have a 1 year supply coming from Sams and some other things I will be ordering here soon and best of all, they are all in stock.

Suzanne

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Suzanne is right - this was happening before the quake in Japan. #10 cans and MREs are nearly impossible to get. It's not just the 2012 thing, though. I read (and cannot confirm with absolute certainty that this is true) that FEMA bought over $1 billion of MREs and other dehydrated goods, making it impossible to meet the demand of the regular consumer.

If you google "FEMA buying food" you will get a lot of hits. I can't vouch for the veracity of them but there are a lot of people claiming the same thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tax returns are coming in for people, and many are stocking up with that as well. . . this happens a few times a year at various stores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

it's been that way for a while on one site I frequent. they have had very little or nothing in stock for the last 2 months. my shipment is finally coming this week.

I did not know that Sam's had some of the same items for sale on their website until Suzanne mentioned it on a previous thread. will be ordering from them soon.

and thanks for the info Suzanne

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's also possible they just updated their stocks. Some of those sites don't keep real-time listings on their website.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bustedparts View Post
    it's been that way for a while on one site I frequent. they have had very little or nothing in stock for the last 2 months. my shipment is finally coming this week.

I did not know that Sam's had some of the same items for sale on their website until Suzanne mentioned it on a previous thread. will be ordering from them soon.

and thanks for the info Suzanne
    What kinds of things to they have online? Are they different from the store?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by jas View Post
    What kinds of things to they have online? Are they different from the store?

Sam's doesn't carry any of their emergency supply food in the store...at least not at my store.

online they have almost everything the other sites have in #10 cans. powdered milk, cheese blend, fruits, veggies, meat substitutes, MRE's, etc. type emergency in the search box and it should come up. I had no idea they sold that kind of stuff

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Food storage and gluten-free food products - Augason Farms

That is the brand that Sam's is selling on their site. It's also in some of their stores. I think thats mainly out in the mid west or the south.
    Costco apparently has "survival" foods in some of their stores. I don't know. I'm not a member there. I know my Sam's club doesn't carry any of that stuff. ( mores the pity. I could save on shipping *sigh*)

The "rumor"going around on the more hard core survivalist sites I'm a member of, is that the government ordered a billions of dollar order and the supplyers of honeyville, emergency essentials,etc, ran out of food and had to put our "small" orders on hold until they made the government order. Now, thats just a rumor.But, I just found odd how it just came out of the blue.
    Anyways, just this morning I did an order at the augasonfarms site with no problems. Needed some cream soup powders for some of my recipes. very resonable in prices. They used to be known as Bluechip Group. But changed their name or something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am just getting into all of this and beginning to stock up. We are way down south by the Gulf of Mexico and got wiped out by Hurricane Rita then Ike just in the last few years. My parents are beginning to have health problems especially with my mom not being able to walk anymore so, when we would normally evacuate, we may end up having to stay. I am thankful for all the tips you all are giving as to where to buy these staples, etc. I'm so curious though, what do you use powder cream soup for and do they taste ok?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast