do people really have a gun? - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Labontet View Post
    Don't have a gun yet, but I do have a Concealed Weapons Permit.

And I am going the other route..........buying another gun, and sometime after first of year plan to get my CWP.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a good dozen guns. I can't imagine not having guns in the house. I married a military policeman and am a cops daughter from a super rural area. I can't imagine not having them around or thinking they are "bad". I wouldn't live in a home where I didn't have access to guns for protecting myself and my children.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Also we do have concealed carry permits but legally we have very lax gun laws in my state so we can and do carry openly anywhere besides the very few places where it is posted not to. ( courthouse,hospital etc)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

As a woman trained to fire a gun in the military, I still would not own a gun in my own home. I have a disabled child that I do not trust around it and if I were to ever need it in case someone broke in (and completely ignored my alarm system), I'd hate for one of the kids to accidentally fire it should I store it under my bed.

It's one thing if you're the only person or you have no kids or your kids understand things to own a gun. It's another to have everyone but one person in the house with a disability where their comprehension is not on the same level as everyone else to own a gun in the home.

Should the need arise to defend myself in case of an attacker in my home, I have plenty of other training to do just that. DH also learned self-defense and we've always taught the kids to stay in their rooms if the alarm goes off.

I do not believe you absolutely need a gun in the home and I've been around them and trained to shoot to kill with one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have always had a 22 and later a 303 in my house from the age of nine years of age.

Then suddenly the Federal Government made them illegal with the Long Gun Registry Law. Half the gun owners have them now hidden, and the present government is finally scrapping the long gun registry. The only good legislation that they have passed in about ten years.

My alcoholic wife (ex now) told the cops and I was taken down with a SWAT team. By this time I had hidden the guns well and they were not located. There were some embarrassed cops and the wife.

Even when the guns were in the house, I always kept the bolts separate from the guns proper. Background farm boy and later the military, but I knew guns and was a crack shot long before joining the military.

I would not have a pistol anywhere near me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a patient come into the ER last night, shot himself with a 22 while cleaning it. He said he didn't know it was loaded. How can this be?? Well......he was drunk too.
    So.....how can you not know there is a bullet in your gun???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to take a class and do some practice shooting as well. I have finally decided that I will get a shotgun or something.

Did anyone see the video of that young girl who shot an intruder and was on the phone with 911??? I was very proud of her. I am glad she was able to protect herself. She said she was protecting her baby but I bet those guys weren't thinking of her baby.........more like rape!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a patient come into the ER last night, shot himself with a 22 while cleaning it. He said he didn't know it was loaded. How can this be?? Well......he was drunk too.
    So.....how can you not know there is a bullet in your gun???
    Because he wasn't following the four rules. Rule #1 is pretend like the weapon is loaded at all times unless it is in 5 zillion pieces (ie, taken apart for cleaning). Rule #2 is never point it at something you aren't willing to destroy.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sinopa,

My guess is due to his state of intoxication that he didn't clear the chamber when he dropped the mag.

And I think they were theorizing that the would-be robbers were after her recently ceased husband's medicatons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Sinopa,

My guess is due to his state of intoxication that he didn't clear the chamber when he dropped the mag.

And I think they were theorizing that the would-be robbers were after her recently ceased husband's medicatons.
    oh ok...thank you. That would explain their actions but you know one thing can lead to another.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Interesting thread..and I've read every page.
    Yes...we own several guns. Dh and oldest son have a CCP.~
    All of my family hunts..and while we have hunting guns..we also have a couple handguns.

I was NOT raised with guns..was raised in the city. My dad was a factory worker for 30 years, and after losing his pension and hospitalization because the co. went bankrupt after he retired~he went back to school and became an auxillary sheriff. (His Brother was a sheriff)~.

We live in one of the largest counties in our state...and the sheriff of said county went on national news and told eveyone that we were unmanned because the shortage of monies~hence laying off all the officers.~You can believe that we were happy we were already gunowners.

Our guarddog died this summer of old age.
    He really wasn't a guarddog..but he thought he was.

I have a sign in our window that says...nevermind the dog..beware of owner~! With a big ol' picture of a gun.~
    They are warned. If someone that dumb tries to break in....like I said..they were warned, and I won't feel bad about shooting them either.~LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those that are not responsible gun owners are the ones that "accidently" shot themselves, or have then in a place that others can get to.

My dh has his permit and is extremely careful with the care and useage of it.

He gets upset with the places that don't allow open carry. His thoughts are that you are telling the "criminal" that he has a better chance of robbing the place BECAUSE there wont be law abiding citizens with guns in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The young woman in OKlahoma who killed the intruder was calm and did exactly what she should have done. Anything less and she would have been dead because she was on the phone with the police, I imagine sheriff's department for 21 minutes before anyone showed up. I'm glad she was armed and ready for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a .380 for personal protection, and have my carry permit. DH insisted I buy it when i was teaching bellydance classes in a bad neighborhood and would have strange men wait until there was only one car in the parking lot (when I was closing up) to come to the door.

I grew up in a hunting household, so having guns around is no big deal to me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know this is an old thread posted before I got here, but I would like to share one reason that doesn't concern shooting people.

When things go bad, as they are doing already, you have a lot of wild dogs roaming around and they revert back to almost 'wolf-like" behavior in just one generation.

There have recently been incidents where wild dogs attack and kill people. Where I came from, it was so bad they put a bounty out on wild dog packs because they were killing livestock and pets.

Hungry, wild dogs are a fearful thing to have to face just so you can take a walk in the evening or go out and feed your rabbits in your own backyard.

Backwoodsgirl

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast