do people really have a gun? - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We live in Idaho. We have guns. We know how to use them. Nuff said.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by sinopa27 View Post
    great saying!!! I almost posted this as my facebook status.
    There is well armed establishment around here- Large sign out front-"Those who try to enter here at night , will be here in the morn'" Lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know my dh has some guns, just a few. This thread has made me want to find out exactly what he currently has, because he has sold some, and educate myself on how to use one. He rarely ever takes them out, we do not hunt (couldn't ever do it), but if ever needed to protect our family COULD certainly do it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfriend View Post
    I know my dh has some guns, just a few. This thread has made me want to find out exactly what he currently has, because he has sold some, and educate myself on how to use one. He rarely ever takes them out, we do not hunt (couldn't ever do it), but if ever needed to protect our family COULD certainly do it.
    If there are guns in your house than you absolutely should take the time to learn how to responsibly and safely handle them. Otherwise, in an emergency, you could likely hurt yourself or loved ones instead of the bad guys.

Rule #1:
    THE GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED. I don't care if you just field stripped it, checked the chamber and magazine and cleared the weapon yourself and it hasn't left your hand, THE GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED.

Rule #2:
    FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER until you're ready to kill something.

Rule #1:
    THE GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED. I don't care if you just field stripped it, checked the chamber and magazine and cleared the weapon yourself and it hasn't left your hand, THE GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED.

Rule #3:
    DO NOT POINT THE GUN AT ANYTHING YOU DO NOT WANT DEAD

Rule #1:

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I suggest taking a gun safety course.
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How far are you from Greeley? We like to go out to Pawnee Grasslands for our practice, my DH could teach you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I grew up with guns, and are comfortable around them. I don't play with them though. When I moved to the city my Step-dad insisted I bring a pistol with me. I keep it in my night stand and would only use it to defend myself. I couldn't see myself shooting someone for simply trying to rob me of material possessions or my food or water.

If something happens that my food or water becomes that precious I will simply pack a bag and drive to my family in VA. If I can't drive, I will gladly walk or have them come pick me up. There is pleny of water in the well's, animals to hunt and food in the gardens.

I think you are referring to what I call "the world is ending" articles. The biggest problem with them is they teach you simply how to stay out of one danger by putting yourself deeper in another danger.

Best way to plan for the future, is know what your needs are and how to obtain them naturally and legally.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMom View Post
    How far are you from Greeley? We like to go out to Pawnee Grasslands for our practice, my DH could teach you.
    Wow, thanks! I just looked it up and we're about two hours from Greeley. My dh would love going there! He enjoys the sport of it. If I showed any interest I know he'd be thrilled to take me out somewhere remote (Mount Herman) and teach me target practice. I've always been afraid of guns and never wanted any around, but I think I'm changing my tune a bit. Good to have at least one for protection, right? And important to know how to use it correctly and safely. Thanks so much for the offer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by sinopa27 View Post
    .do you or know of people having a gun for the sake of disasters?

I have multiple guns............and disasters were the last thing on my mind when I acquired them. Plan to get another soon......I hope. (handgun)

I always "say" I would use them............but would have to be put in the position first...............talk is cheap!

I, too, am thinking about getting a concealed weapons permit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think the biggest things to think about would be hunting and personal/ family protection.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes we have several guns..My dh is very attached to his M-4 and is teaching my boy's how to use it and RESPECT it..I need to learn how to shoot it..I'm not very fond of guns..but I want to feel safe when the shtf..someone broke into two homes and caused alot of damage as well as stealing anything that was worth money and our house is in the middle of the two..now that's scary! I had dh put light's up around our property for added protection at night...
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have a gun, never felt the need to have a gun, and never hung out with people who had guns.

Now that I live in Denmark, a place with very strict gun laws, I feel much safer than I ever did in the US.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by The Muse View Post
    I don't have a gun, never felt the need to have a gun, and never hung out with people who had guns.

Now that I live in Denmark, a place with very strict gun laws, I feel much safer than I ever did in the US.
    I lived in England for 4 years and they have strict gun laws as well. But something I noticed is that there were still shootings and violence with weapons. I never knew anyone to get murdered until we lived in England- a British guard we knew got stabbed in his heart with a butcher knife when he walked out of a club.

I guess I'm just saying that taking away guns from law abiding citizens doesn't take away the violence.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by LynnLC View Post
    There is well armed establishment around here- Large sign out front-"Those who try to enter here at night , will be here in the morn'" Lol.
    that is a quote to remember!!!!! I like that!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i spoke with one of the police officers that moonlights at the hospital I work in and he gave me info for a course!
    This thread has helped me!!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast