prepping supplies
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default prepping supplies

Do you think as 2012 approaches that the cost of Prepping supplies will get drastically higher? Is it safe to think that one should get the most merchandise for prepping before 2012 gets here as that stuff will be more valuable?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think the price of everything is going to go steadily up. I think people should do as much prepping as they can - but NOT put themselves into any debt to do so.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Everything is going up weekly...I think it's smart to get what you can get now..As we get closer to 2012 the media will spark fear into the public therefore the price gouging begin's equal's" Supply & Demand" gives good reason to spike those prices..I personally have been in the prepping mode for awhile now and add to it on a weekly/monthly basis ..I will continue until I think I've covered all area's..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2012 is just a date.... we should always be prepping! It won't matter what year it is, if we haven't had the forethought to make sure that we are prepared should any traumatic situation arise, we will be in trouble. Chances are 2012 will come and go, but there will always be horrible weather to contend with and or financial situations that put us in a bind. It's the three little pigs...which house do you want the one of sticks or the one of bricks?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Agree with the price gouging. Any excuse. Some people will buy more hence they will raise the price. Like here...huricane...raise the gas price. Any excuse
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think current inflation is enough reason to stockpile food and supplies now. I am sure there will be a little "2012 frenzy" just like the "Y2K".

Prep now because there is no time like the present. I agree, do NOT go into debt for your prepping.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree with everyone else.

YES - I think the prices will go up. Panic, Supply & Demand, Media Sensationalism.

For those of us who already stockpile, I don't think it will make much of a difference either way.

BUT ---

I will look in to putting a little more of the things I predict will increase because of the "frenzy" that can happen. A little more flour, a little more sugar, a little more beans.

Having a few extra months worth will give me a few extra months to SAVE the money to buy more at the increased prices.

Beans, rice, flour, sugar... the things that's always mentioned when they talk about emergencies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it is important to purchase foods for your stockpile that your family normally eats. A crisis situation calls for familiar foods, especially for children.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

With all of the "disasters" that have gone on this year alone, I've noticed the prices and shipping times have both increased for long term foods from EE and Honeyville,etc.
    Add to it the crop reports and damages from the floods and droughts, and then the frenzy ( cause you know the media will flame the folks) , you'll be lucky to find any batteries or flashlights or bottled water and any of the confort and fast foods in the grocery stores.
    Start now, at a reasonable pace, use coupons or shop at dollar and salvage stores, thrift store and yardsales and flea markets.

You should always be ready for any emergency. It just makes sense.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I heard on GMA this morning that the peanut crop was hurt badly and that prices for peanut butter will be going up 30 percent in the coming weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanna View Post
    I heard on GMA this morning that the peanut crop was hurt badly and that prices for peanut butter will be going up 30 percent in the coming weeks.
    Another crop hurt this year. Wheat, corn, and peanuts. The main stuff they put in all the processed foods.