Doomsday Preppers - a new series - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCarney View Post
    OK- I mis-read the title of this thread and saw "Doomsday PEPPERS" and my first thought was "Boy howdy, I'll be those are some HOT peppers!'
    Thanks for a good laugh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry I thought that was what The Walking Dead was...omgosh I find it it funny...
    I believe that there will be some claticism (spelling ?) but I am not worry my self sick over it...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Watched it. Anything I find useful I apply to my own life, if not then I ignore it, although I file it away in case my opinion changes in the future..People have different ideas about what constitutes a measure of security and self sufficency.I personally would rather stock up food and supplies and to learn basic life skills to use in times of trouble that I had planned for, than to sit in a chair in the Social Services office filling out paperwork for government assistance which may or may not be there .

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our radio station had a thing where they say how many days til the end of the world but they are making fun it's 317 days.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Trishagirl View Post
    Our radio station had a thing where they say how many days til the end of the world but they are making fun it's 317 days.
    For anybody that believes any of the doomsday predictions, they should quit their jobs and let somebody else have it. After all, they won't need it, right?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The last guy had alot of guns and food but they said he needed alternative water supply and more food! One guy blew off his thumb when his gun misfired and needed to get it sewn back on he's the one that bought 2 containers to build a house underground. I like the guy in CA growing 90% of his food thru gardening and raising ducks and chickens & goats. He also changes cooking oil to gas for his car.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Trishagirl View Post
    I like the guy in CA growing 90% of his food thru gardening and raising ducks and chickens & goats. He also changes cooking oil to gas for his car.
    This makes sense to me.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

One thing that popped in my mind for sure about the people living in regular cities is the fact that you will become a target for sure. The less people know about your plans the better. If it was a perfect set up and all your friends and neighbors were doing it also then maybe not so much so. More people know about what I have than I would like and they are trusted friends and family. They all just laugh and say I know where to come if SHTF. Well what I have I would share with my loved ones but it won't last all that long at all.

The guy with the swimming pool and all that going on seems like he would be a sitting duck.

I am in no way saying not to be pre-pared for anything, I store extra food and would like to do and have more but there is no way I could prepare for every eventual senario.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

People like this have been around for a long time, they are getting more press due to the 2012 scare. I'm not going to lie, I do have a few silver coins and keep a supply of can goods, rice, and beans, candles and flashlight/batteries on hand just to be on the safe side.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by jas View Post
    The guy with the swimming pool and all that going on seems like he would be a sitting duck.
    That is what the "experts" said.

They disagreed saying the community would all come together and work together.

That might be true but it has to be planned out a head of time. I think that is what the show said.

The swimming pool guy began teaching his neighbors and planning with his neighbors.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The issue with working and planning with neighbors is what happens when somebody moves out? They take their "share" with them and then you need to get the next neighbor on board with the program, IF you can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    That is what the "experts" said.

They disagreed saying the community would all come together and work together.

That might be true but it has to be planned out a head of time. I think that is what the show said.

The swimming pool guy began teaching his neighbors and planning with his neighbors.
    There is no way that anyone's going to come together and work together. Situations like that are an 'every man for himself' type of thing. It's like the zombie apocalypse. When you put human beings in a situation where they have to fight for survival, a majority of them are going to go into it with the intent on taking out every single person in their way.

I honestly think the show is a waste of money and a waste of time.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MomToTwoBoys View Post
    There is no way that anyone's going to come together and work together. Situations like that are an 'every man for himself' type of thing. It's like the zombie apocalypse. When you put human beings in a situation where they have to fight for survival, a majority of them are going to go into it with the intent on taking out every single person in their way.

I honestly think the show is a waste of money and a waste of time.
    Like I said in an earlier post that one thing it does for sure is make these people a bigger target. Yes they did not show exacty where some of these remote farms and land are but people know these people and maybe before this show they might have had no idea what these folks had going on and what they were storing especially the one in the more urban areas.

Sure it would be a great idea if you could band together with other like minded folks if you were all in one area and protect what you have from people who will be out to get your provisions.

Where I live in the middle of a suburban neighborhood I have hundreds of houses around me. If everyone around me if starving and they smell bread comming from my house everyday it is not going to take long before I have to fight everyone off, if that is even possible.

I will still store extra food that will last for a bit but I am going to be even more closed mouth about it. And really anything I have is really in line with a financial meltdown, not any huge apocolyps type event.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Of course it is extreme, would anyone watch Hoarders if it was just about me decluttering my coffee table? Extreme makes for more viewers!

I am curious about it but haven't seen it yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shows like this actually scare me. Should I be doing this and is it really going to get as bad as they are predicting?? We do have a small emergency supply in case of a small disaster which is common in my area (tornado, ice storm, etc.) but after watching this last night I think it needs to be a 3 year supply!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast