Assuming The SHTF and then... - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    You're in agreement about what? When you think the SHTF?
    No, we're in agreement with what this thread is about: that we will help out my husband's family with our stockpile and other preps if they need our help.
    Last edited by Russ; 03-08-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: remove off topic material

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by greekislandgirl
    No, we're in agreement with what this thread is about: that we will help out my husband's family with our stockpile and other preps if they need our help.
    Thanks, you're post wasn't as extreme.

I don't know. Maybe most are. But I'm here, and DH is about as far to the left as it's possible to be, and I'm not that far behind. We count too.
    LOL, haha, yes you count and I enjoy your blog. Thank you.
    Last edited by Russ; 03-08-2012 at 08:18 AM. Reason: remove off topic material

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The joy of being a moderator = I can gut my own thread.
    As soon as I have time later today, I will. too hard to do on my phone.
    don't ya'll know it's bad karma to mess up a moderators thread?
    so unless it has something to do with the topic, don't bother posting because it will soon be deleted.
    ~Russ

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now see what you've done! Russ has to blast his own thread to delete world, but 1 thing. If a SHTF situation ever occurs, and you invite everybody you know for a party, you will then learn what we have been talking about. Some people learn the hard way and that is your choice!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fixit View Post
    Now see what you've done! Russ has to blast his own thread to delete world, but 1 thing. If a SHTF situation ever occurs, and you invite everybody you know for a party, you will then learn what we have been talking about. Some people learn the hard way and that is your choice!
    I'll take my chances.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by annymoll View Post
    Our friends do not plan or prep, but we do run into an occasional like minded person. One fellow told my husband that his wife was not on board with his lifestyle and thought he was crazy. I was so proud to hear my husband tell him, "Not my wife. She is right there with me all the way." It has become a way of life.
    I read that alot on the other forums. I worked on it alone for years. But then the hubby figured it out lol Now he's helping with a bunch of the the more "heavier" things. Like the root cellar,rabbit hutches,fencing in the acres.

I see where so many people are just so scared to actually look at whats going on around them. The economy, the would politics. How precarious it really is and how fragile the world economy has become.

They'd rather watch their "reality" tv, and play their games, or decorate their houses, or go on cruises and vacations. They just live with their heads in the sand and expect everyone else to do the same. If we don't, then we're the ones that are wrong, not them. We're wrong for actually seeing whats going on and trying to protect ourselves and our families from what could happen if the economy collapses or theres an earth quake, or a tornado just like what recently happened.But it doesn't help that the msm does it's best to portray those of us who don't follow the government's lies, as nuts or dangerous. We're only dangerous to a government who wants to take away our Constitutional rights. If we don't follow the "party" line then we need to be taken out and the first step is to make us look like we're nuts. And of course the sheeple will swallow that whole and run with it.
    Last edited by Russ; 03-08-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: remove off topic material

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thread closed until I can deal with it.

kind regards,
    a pissed off moderator.
    ~Russ

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, here's the deal..

Keep it on topic or the thread will be closed.

For your convenience, here's my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I didn't want to highjack the other thread so...

But it made me think when Jessica said this:

And this is what gets to me. My wife and I have a small stockpile, we have a pond full of fish, we can, etc etc etc.
    All I hear from relatives is how they're coming to our house to live if problems arise.

What's your plan? Do you plan for an extra 10-15 people? If a niece shows up with three young children, what do you do, turn them away?
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well my real opinion on this subject is this, When and if a SHTF total economic collapse event happens, at first food, fuel and most basic necessities will be available, but to get them there will be long lines, some fighting because some folks think they are too good to wait, and of course huge prices for whatever you get.
    Then the necessities will simply be out of stock at times. Prices will continue to go up!
    After that a lot of stores will simply close, and the government may be passing out rations that will barely sustain family's.
    Then it wont be long until the government cannot keep up with the millions of family's depending on the rations. Bartering groups will form, and the people with extra provisions, and farms will do well.
    This is about the time when good people will turn bad, especially in the city, and anybody but your closest family will try to take what you have to feed their kids. Even the most so called good folks will turn savage because mankind does not take doing without gracefully.
    I think that at this point, immediate family are the only ones you can trust and you better watch them closely. Gangs will rove the streets, and if you are not armed to protect yourself, whatever you have will be taken and you will have no choice but to let them have it.
    I hope to god this never happens, but if it does, and it esculates to a total social / economic breakdown, you better really watch who you trust. It will be a matter of feeding your family, and possibly a life and death decsion. Yes there will still be a few trustworthy people, but out of millions of crazed starving lunatics, how would you really know who they are, and why would you risk trusting them.
    Even in todays society, right now, if you can count the people you really trust on more than the fingers on 1 hand, you are probably fooling yourself.
    Some people think that they should trust everybody in their lives, and most people they meet, thinks somehow that this makes them a better person, but it does not. It only shows your vulnerability and sooner or later somebody will take total advantage of you.
    I really wish we could trust everybody, what a great world that would be, but you simply cant!

My god I hope this is on topic

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

at the risk of getting my post Russified; Mr. Fix-It. Saddly I agree with your above definition of what we will be faceing. But also, know in my heart what I will do if it comes down to the health and safety of my grandbabies. They are and will always be ... my first priority. And the good Lord help anyone who threatens that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't ch'all be tickin off the Russmeister,, peeps!

(Or do, I've got my popcorn ready... )

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Uniwolf View Post
    at the risk of getting my post Russified; Mr. Fix-It. Saddly I agree with your above definition of what we will be faceing. But also, know in my heart what I will do if it comes down to the health and safety of my grandbabies. They are and will always be ... my first priority. And the good Lord help anyone who threatens that.
    Uniwolf, I will do the same for my kids and grandkids as well. When I mentioned the trusting of people you can count on one hand, I was referring to people other than immediate family.
    If the world gets to the point you cant even trust your grandkids, I'm not sure I would want to even stay around any longer!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mr. Fix-it; lol I concur, and trusting my grandbabies wasn't my point lol they are 2 yrs old and 6 months I was talking about anyone that would dare to take from them or hurt them. I trust very few people in this world. That is a lesson from childhood.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are blessed to have 3 other family's (my folks included) that we are all on the same page with each other and have been prepping together for years.
    We DO NOT talk about it with others voluntarily.
    I too, do not like the thought of some of the possibilities of the SHTF scenario, however, you do what you have to do for your family and your lively hood.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know. Do you think an economic collapse would go down in like a flash or would it go more as a gradual thing? Like prices would go up constantly and imported things like cocoa,coffee,spices would maybe even stop being imported to the extent they are now? That you'd only be able to get them on a black market type of deal?
    I always wonder how something like that would go down. Fast or sneak up on us.Pricing foods out of reach of the non rich.
    And then would there more than likely be rationing? I'm thinking there would be. At least for a certain time anyways and on the imported stuff.

I'm always trying to figure how certain scenarios would happen just so I have some sort of idea what I'd need to do

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast