Just another reason we prepare, too dumb for democracy! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fixit View Post
    Isolation is easier than dealing with the mass stupidity of most people!
    Why do people buy into the idea that "easier" is better? Yes, isolation is easier, but the consensus on this thread appears to be that it isn't better. So why do it?

If cooperation is better, and since it seems that cooperation will be essential in a SHTF scenario, why aren't people setting up cooperatively now while things are still relatively good and we can make choices? Why aren't more people meeting their neighbours and learning to trust them?

Granted, there are constraints of employment. Not everyone can move to a small rural village. But if we practise isolationism now and prepare to repel all comers when the S does HTF, it will be too late to learn cooperation when we need it the most.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A pure democracy yes, people would quickly vote for whatever they thought benefited them.

Which is why we don't have a democracy in this nation, we have a democratically elected body of representatives who are (arguably) restricted in what they can do by the Constitution.

You'd think the scientists - or at least the editor who wrote this - would be smart enough to realize that fact.

But then again, since what this piece comes off to me as is nothing more than a thinly veiled cry for an elitist system of Government run by academics, I can't be terribly surprised... It did say RIGHT THERE that the incompetent tend to develop an air of superiority, after all...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    A pure democracy yes, people would quickly vote for whatever they thought benefited them.

Which is why we don't have a democracy in this nation, we have a democratically elected body of representatives who are (arguably) restricted in what they can do by the Constitution.

You'd think the scientists - or at least the editor who wrote this - would be smart enough to realize that fact.

But then again, since what this piece comes off to me as is nothing more than a thinly veiled cry for an elitist system of Government run by academics, I can't be terribly surprised... It did say RIGHT THERE that the incompetent tend to develop an air of superiority, after all...
    But to me it also addressed the people inability to determine or recognise a good plan, so we the people are largely incompitent to as much as vote correctly when a good plan presents itself.
    I feel it is aimed more at the voters than the polititions in this case.
    I honestly feel that the government is totally hosed up, and the people are too stupid to straighten them out. So it is in a runaway condition, and will only change when a total government / economic collapse makes changes necessary for this country to even survive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12