Anyone nervous about the upcoming new year? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are doing good but just have to have faith and leave it in Gods hands.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

.......bumping...
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, I am getting nervous for the next year. I think fincially wise things are going to be tight for us.

The insurance did go up by $20 a paycheck not bad ($40) a month. But it no longer will cover Hubby's medicine. So it will be over $100 extra out of our pocket each month.

Told to expect smaller paycheck due to tax rasies.

The kids are now teens and just keeping them feed is a very frustrating and expensive task.

Hubby has already had a sit down with the kids about not much room in the budget for extras this coming year. "You thought we eat out a little this year. Well... it will look like alot compared to next"

Not money realated but recent events have me nervous too. The event and the reactions of those around me have me concerned.

On the plus side: I have a part time job for 1/3 of the year with some extra days called in when they are over busy or short handed days. A defininite blessing.

We also have the house back on a firm foundation. Basment repairment has been paid in full when they completed the job. Two full weeks of constant workmen. I am happy to have the house back to myself. It is so quiet. Yeah!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, after this week when the trannie went out on the pickup & then the tv died yesterday, I hope it will be a great year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ladytoysdream View Post
    I feel like a cat on the floor with a lot of rockers in the room.
    Oh boy! that's funny!

I'm a little nervous because I over extended myself and want to pay down the debt. I am thinking with the financial cliff we're going to fall over - that I won't be able to pay as fast as I want.

I'm also concerned that I don't have an adequate stockpile at all. I mean - I couldn't go a week without hitting the grocery store.

I really need to work on that too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I guess I am not really worried or stressed about it.

While I know there are a lot of things probably coming down the pipe that I won't like (higher taxes, higher food prices, medical care - etc) - in the big scheme of things I can only control what I can control.

I will continue to use my ingenuity, and learn all the new tricks that I can to keep my own world from spiraling out of control. I will keep my eyes and ears open and to the ground. Adapt as necessary and mostly stay calm during the storms. While I can't control what is happening around me - I can control my actions and reactions to them. And that is my plan. Working with what I possess...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelvssammy View Post
    I guess I am not really worried or stressed about it.

While I know there are a lot of things probably coming down the pipe that I won't like (higher taxes, higher food prices, medical care - etc) - in the big scheme of things I can only control what I can control.

I will continue to use my ingenuity, and learn all the new tricks that I can to keep my own world from spiraling out of control. I will keep my eyes and ears open and to the ground. Adapt as necessary and mostly stay calm during the storms. While I can't control what is happening around me - I can control my actions and reactions to them. And that is my plan. Working with what I possess...
    After reading your post on how long you could stay above water financially & food wise I would feel alot better if I was sitting in your shoes right now..Great Job btw!
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brenda67 View Post
    After reading your post on how long you could stay above water financially & food wise I would feel alot better if I was sitting in your shoes right now..Great Job btw!
    I think no matter what, we have to maintain a positive attitude to get thru this life.

I have had a period in my life when I was in dire straits, that had nothing to do with what the rest of the world or economy was going thru at the moment - it was my own personal economic collapse. But in spite of it all, my attitude is what got me thru it and back onto my feet again.

I just keep looking forward and working my way thru all the muck... it's all we can do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelvssammy View Post
    I think no matter what, we have to maintain a positive attitude to get thru this life.

I have had a period in my life when I was in dire straits, that had nothing to do with what the rest of the world or economy was going thru at the moment - it was my own personal economic collapse. But in spite of it all, my attitude is what got me thru it and back onto my feet again.

I just keep looking forward and working my way thru all the muck... it's all we can do.

You are a great inspiration for all us honey..Obviously you didn't sink down to far before you pulled yourself back up again..Hugs!
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can't help but feel a little nervous about the upcoming year. Am so used to thinking in advance now to try and plan and budget each month or year. Well it is difficult when you are unsure how everything will affect your budget. Realize it will take some time to adjust but can't help but feel like I am going into the new year with blinders half on because heck, what else can you do but go with the flow right? That feeling is uncomfortable for me especially after feeling like my financial situation was under control. I thought I got off the roller coaster ride of not being financially responsible.

Fortunately this site is here and I am sure there will be threads on how what happens after the fiscal cliff affects everyone and how everyone is adjusting and what adjustments are being made.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am not any more worried than most years. This time last year, I did not even have a job. I have one now, but it is not full-time, so I have no health insurance. DH is on Medicare, and that is good, because he has many health issues. I do worry that I will get sick. I think I have a stress fracture in my foot, but cannot pay for a bone scan to be sure. It has been hurting for two months now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12