Argh --- found more gaps in our preps
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Argh --- found more gaps in our preps

My dh and I run disaster drills frequently to check for any unexpected gaps, etc. in our preps.

Yesterday we had a real life drill - 4 hours of power outage. . . for us, that's usually not a huge deal. .. however, this time we had our 2 youngest grand daughters with us. . . . now it became a huge deal.

We keep the girls often while their parents work. . . so a disaster happening while we have them is possible, and yet I had no diapers, other than what was in the diaper bag (yes, I could manage with towels in pillow cases and pins). . .

We also realized just how dependent the girls are, on power for entertainment, etc. I need to up my preps to include more kid friendly activities, foods, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WTG on finding the gaps. If your family is that close then I would expect if a disaster did hit you would have all of them if you are the most prepared.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

good job. Think about medical preps for the younger ones too.
    tylenol,ear infections ipacac (sp),first aid,life jackets,gas masks?,foods. I keep baby food. If I dont use it the dogs will eat it. I would suggest keeping cloth diapers (they can always turn into dust rags later).
    Also think about water supply.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My son's family lives about 10 miles away. . . different electric company, different phone company, etc. . . they prep for them selves as well. . . and the few times when we've both been affected, they've had neighbors and friends over to their place to hunker down.

We generally prep for tornadoes or winter storms. . . a tornado would only affect one or the other of us, probably not both, due to the direction. . . winter storms are another situation, and since we keep the girls several days a week, we need to make preps in case a freak storm traps them here with us for an extended time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We don't need baby food thank goodness -- the youngest will be 2 this month. She's also working on potty training, so maybe not need diapers for much longer either. I think I'll keep a pack of diapers here, just in case. . . because I don't really want to deal with cloth diapers in the midst of disaster. . . if the disaster is prolonged, then she'll either potty train FAST or we'll fall back on towels/pillowcases.