Moving preparedness items, a stupid simple hand cart

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Moving preparedness items, a stupid simple hand cart

I have many preparedness items on hand and around the house. One item I don't have is a gear hauler. In the event we don't have access to gas we will be carrying or hauling a lot more items to/from different areas. In my searching I discovered this personalized hand cart. The guys tried to get a campaign on Kickstarter, but didn't quite get the funding. They've redesigned the cart, added some nice features and are launching a campaign on Indiegogo.

When (not if) things go South, it would be nice to have a gear hauler as an option. The camaign has to hit it's goal in order to go into production. Check out the link below if interested.

BTW, I'm new to the forum, but excited to check out all of the great information that's here.

———

A few details on the cart: Reasonably portable, uphill assist, luggage rack option, etc.

I'm not affiliated with them, but I did back the campaign and would love to see it in production. This thing is overbuilt and stupid simple.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...s-innovation#/

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The last time hand carts were utilized in big numbers, they didn't work well - entire Mormon families perished on the trip from Illinois to Utah in the 1850s, the carts were unable to carry adequate supplies for the trip. And young children that were unable to keep up had to be put into the carts (at the expense of provisions).
    A far better conveyance was a wagon and a team of horses/oxen. Moms & small children could ride, adults could trade off walking/riding. And there was room for supplies, bedding, extra blankets/clothing. And shelter - storms, strong winds, rain, hail, snow, sun.

BTW, the carts don't really have "uphill assist", instead they have downhill resist in the form of ratcheting latches to avoid roll-back. In the 1850s they lashed a pole to a wheel to provide hill speed control.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    The last time hand carts were utilized in big numbers, they didn't work well - entire Mormon families perished on the trip from Illinois to Utah in the 1850s, the carts were unable to carry adequate supplies for the trip. And young children that were unable to keep up had to be put into the carts (at the expense of provisions).
    A far better conveyance was a wagon and a team of horses/oxen. Moms & small children could ride, adults could trade off walking/riding. And there was room for supplies, bedding, extra blankets/clothing. And shelter - storms, strong winds, rain, hail, snow, sun.

BTW, the carts don't really have "uphill assist", instead they have downhill resist in the form of ratcheting latches to avoid roll-back. In the 1850s they lashed a pole to a wheel to provide hill speed control.
    These carts are more of a 2 is 1, 1 is none idea. They work much better than nothing, but not as good as a horse/oxen pulled wagon.

The uphill assist is kind of a misleading name. It really is just a stopping mechanism to keep the cart from rolling backward when on a steep incline.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you look in gardening catalogs you will see that garden carts are similar and already available. I have a wood-sided one with 2 wheels, metal tubular frame. It has lasted years and years. We have only replaced the tires and inner tubes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just found out that I can get "perks" for others using a link from the Indiegogo campaign that I backed. So... if you are still interested in getting a polymule cart you can use my specific link and I get a few perks. Win-win

https://igg.me/at/polymule/x/14396232

—————
    Here’s a few details about the cart:

High capacity: will haul 400 lbs. of payload easily.

Uphill Assist: The cart has a hub system that can be engaged that locks the wheels from rolling backward when hiking uphill.

Integrated kickstand: the pull handle pivots down to the ground to level out the cart for loading.

All-terrain: 28 inch no-flat tires with 20 inches of clearance.

Portable: 2 minute assembly and it can quickly fold up and stow for transport and can be used as a vehicle cargo carrier on a vehicle roof rack.

Reinforced polymer: UV stable and high-impact resistant even in sub-freezing temps. Similar polymers are used in military-grade applications.

No maintenance: it has sealed bearings, and you’ll never get flat tires or need to replace bolts or screws.

All-weather cover: made of durable rip-stop fabric with oversized zipper and nylon straps.

Rear handle: there’s an additional handle that can be added to the back allowing a second person to help transport extra heavy loads over rough terrain.

5 year warranty

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwalker View Post
    I just found out that I can get "perks" for others using a link from the Indiegogo campaign that I backed. So... if you are still interested in getting a polymule cart you can use my specific link and I get a few perks. Win-win

https://igg.me/at/polymule/x/14396232

—————
    Here’s a few details about the cart:

High capacity: will haul 400 lbs. of payload easily.

Uphill Assist: The cart has a hub system that can be engaged that locks the wheels from rolling backward when hiking uphill.

Integrated kickstand: the pull handle pivots down to the ground to level out the cart for loading.

All-terrain: 28 inch no-flat tires with 20 inches of clearance.

Portable: 2 minute assembly and it can quickly fold up and stow for transport and can be used as a vehicle cargo carrier on a vehicle roof rack.

Reinforced polymer: UV stable and high-impact resistant even in sub-freezing temps. Similar polymers are used in military-grade applications.

No maintenance: it has sealed bearings, and you’ll never get flat tires or need to replace bolts or screws.

All-weather cover: made of durable rip-stop fabric with oversized zipper and nylon straps.

Rear handle: there’s an additional handle that can be added to the back allowing a second person to help transport extra heavy loads over rough terrain.

5 year warranty
    Advertising is NOT allowed.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4