How did you add to your stockpile today?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default How did you add to your stockpile today?

Just a thread to keep track. Today, I planted three more eggplants that were in gallon containers. At least this heat wave is good for something. The eggplants and cucumbers are growing like monsters! I need to look at ways to preserve eggplant. I thought you could dry it in strips, but not sure how to process it for meals afterward.

Yesterday, I added some plastic storage bags and eight cans of tuna to the stockpile.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/2 ton of compressed sawdust logs (North Idaho Energy Logs) for the winter. I usually get a ton in. Deciding whether to get the other half ton this year or take the free wood that people are offering.

Got enough jars to make it through the market season and probably for home-made holiday gifts.
    (jars are hard to get here right now)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Added 10 cans of Chef Boyardee (my guilty pleasure), and a friend of mine who has a wooded lot brought me about a cord and a half of split cedar, pine, and oak!
    DH aka Mad Hen

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy canned goods each time I shop. Maybe it's one can, maybe more. Today was carrots.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    I buy canned goods each time I shop. Maybe it's one can, maybe more. Today was carrots.
    I've been doing the same. Noticed some of the alternate brand dry goods going on clearance. Stuff that was brought in when the pandemic started and regular supplies weren't available. Perfectly good food, good dates, but they want it gone. Got several cans of different beans, corn, tomatoes, tuna, boxed potatoes, and soup stock today. Got 5 lbs frozen chicken on sale, too.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Registered User miteigenenhaenden's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is my emergency preparedness. It almost looks like my grandmother's too. ;-) These are all homemade canned goods: fruit, vegetables, jam, ready-made soups, ready-made meat dishes.
    I also have a lot of self-harvested and dried foods: beans, lentils, fruits, nuts, plants and fruits for teas.
    Dried herbs and plants and ointments as medicines
    Potatoes, onions, garlic, peppers and other spices.
    We won't starve to death that quickly. ;-)
    We have service water in the cistern. Drinking water usually comes from the tap. In case of emergency, I have stored bottled water for 10 days.

In this way I prepared for a crisis and also made sure that I don't have to buy so much groceries in winter.

How did you add to your stockpile today?-1.jpg
    Best regards, miteigenenhaenden
    www.miteigenenhaenden.wordpress.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love your stockpile room! Mine seem quite disorganized. I need to figure out what I want to do with it.

I did add a grain mill and Coleman oven today from Amazon. They came with my monthly subscribe and save order. I’m slowly getting g there.
    Debt repayment

cc#1 -5,465.31
    cc#2 -5,134.00
    House- 86,970.51/51,037.82
    Student Loans- 35,545.84/13,500.00

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is a very nice stockpile area! Love it! All I have are plastic totes!

I got 5 boxes of freeze dried emergency food from the Wise Company and a bucket of freeze dried meats. I'm ordering a solar cooler that can charge electronics. I even bought a gas generator. Nothing expensive by any stretch but I hope it works if we need it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sat.while doing grocery shopping added more cans peaches, fruit cocktail, green beans,chilie,paper towels,seem like there is more but can't remember now.Wanted to add more meat to freezer but can't get anything else in there until i remove more food out.
    Goals for 2020
    1-No spend day
    2- No eating out days
    3-getting rid clutter
    4-menu
    5-stockpiling
    6-Grocery budget

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

will be hitting a caselot sale tomorrow before it ends. plus cheap purex tp. keeping more on hand since who knows if there is a second run. also at costco and they had sales on lunch snack stuff cheap so 2 64 bar boxes of granola bars and 2 40 packs of wagon wheels. 20pk of dole fruit packs.. will see how long it all lasts w kids. plus a costco pack of tp. prime rib on special so got a roast for holidays.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am planning on going to Costco again, too. I ate all of the canned fruit that I bought before the pandemic. I think I may get more dried fruit and turkey jerky this time. I still have plenty of tuna. I bought several containers of sorbet on sale at Vons last week. It tastes so delicious in this hot weather we're having in Southern California. I also picked up some Ragu spaghetti sauce, balsamic vinegar, lemonade, dog food, and dog biscuits for my stockpile.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I probably ought to pick up more canned fruit myself. I want a couple cans of peaches for a cobbler, plus mandarins for spinach salad, and pineapple for sweet-and-sour pork. And the holidays are coming.

Today was expensive, but I bought the largest size bag of cat food they had, the largest bottle of real vanilla I could find, and several pounds of meat on sale. Got bacon, bacon wrapped turkey, chubs of gr beef and gr pork. Added some easy-cook flavored rice and noodles to the pantry.

With cold weather coming I need to get DH to finish the ice cream so I can use the space for something we'll want.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also added some rague and some cleaning supplies and masks 2 big things of lysol wipes. today went pay some bills so i got more dw liquid and vinegar for stock pile but what i was needing was rinse aid jet dry and they never had none.Maby i will have everything together before bad weather.
    Goals for 2020
    1-No spend day
    2- No eating out days
    3-getting rid clutter
    4-menu
    5-stockpiling
    6-Grocery budget

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Picked up some more paper towels and I also planted about 23 ginseng roots. They won't be ready to harvest for five or so years, but everyone has to start somewhere! My plan is to plant about 20 every year and hopefully *eventually* use it as part of my retirement hobby income.
    DH aka Mad Hen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to the clearance section and found a box of fruit bars (like nutrigrain) and cracker pretzel flips.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast