Its official - its a faith walk and self-sufficient walk all rolled into one
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Its official - its a faith walk and self-sufficient walk all rolled into one

Sitting here, I'm thinking about how nervous I was about a month ago when dh lost his job. We wondered how we'd make the van payment, how we'd put food on the table and where we'd go from here. Dh was totally stressed out about the whole situation and had become very stressed out at the job he did have.

We sat down and talked and finally, its official. We are now walking a faith walk and a self-sufficient walk all rolled into one. Dh is now retired, but doing odd jobs and were working at making our home based business bigger. Were increasing our gardens, added 2 paper routes and looking at ways to make an income with work from home.

Its a faith walk in that were trusting God to show us areas where we can cut back or save. I'm praying now before I get my groceries. Before we go yard saling, I say a prayer, asking that we be able to find the things we need. And whenever we do find a good sale, something is given to us or dh is able to make a few $$ here or there, I immediately thank God for supplying our needs.

Its exciting and scary all at the same time, but each day God has been faithful. All our commitments have been met with a few extra $$. Its wonderful to see dh completely relaxed, to see him once again working in his workshop without any stress. Its wonderful to wake up in the morning knowing that because of our faith and our walk in self-sufficiency, we can do this. I'm loving every minute of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CJ Praying that God will continue to bless your family abundantly as youcontinue to put your faith, trust and hope in Him and give Him thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Proverbs 3:5 & 6 (NASB).....

Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CJ, I am so happy for you both.....to see you both happy and less stressed. God is good and He will provide. He amazes me daily of His goodness! Your whole family is in my continued prayers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CJ, you're sounding happy and content. It's good to hear that both you and your dh are less stressed now and that you're loving how things are.

Hugs, my friend, you deserve every happiness that comes your way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CJ,
    Reading your post brought peace to my own heart. I'll be praying for you guys and I know that this will work out for the best. You are a marvelous family and that's the kind of folks I'm proud to know.