With the newest threats against USA, are you stocking up more? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't watch the news much and very rarely read the newspaper so I don't have a clue about the newest threats. I do like to keep a stockpile though and need to get busy on that again. Hurricane season starts for us tomorrow and goes through Nov. 30th so that's my biggest worry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not worried because I don't believe that there is anything to worry about. I really don't think that any of these "alerts" should even be mentioned until they have something solid to tell the American citizens. So far, they've never gave any specific details on any of the gobernment alerts.

Anyways, from all of the investagations, the Bush admins. knew that 9/11 was going to happen and did nothing to prevent it.

Sorry folks, I don't like what Bush is doing to this country and I can't stand him. He's taken it down hill so fast, I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever recover.

Susie in MN

Registered User writtenonmybody's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Susie,

I agree with you.

We don't have any emergency "stock pile". We probably should have something because anything could happen .. weather related or terrorist related. However, I refuse to live my life in fear. I suppose the only fear that I have is how will things be for my son. When I think about him and the future I have concern. But I think that's normal.

We have heard these alerts over and over again, Granted after 9/11 and we started having our first alerts I was alittle worried but after a while I started thinking differently about it. I guess you hear it so much that it's alittle hard to process again.

The only wishes I have is that we could all respect each other (my fantasy world dream) and that bush was out of office.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been prepared for most kinds of disasters for several years now; to me it doesn’t seem much like preparing any more, more like a way of life. We have survived through all kinds of power outages and winter storms and came out just fine. When my DH lost his job a year and a half or so ago I was glad to have a full pantry and freezers along with all of our other supplies. The thought of terrorist attacking does bother me, and while I do think about it I am not going to let it terrorize me to the point of panic. I will continue to pick up extra items as I shop and keep an eye on the situation, so I think we are as prepared as we can be without knowing exactly when and if anything will happen. The only thing I can think of that we would like to have and don’t is more gas stored.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't want to turn this political, that's not what the thread is about. But whether it's Bush or Whether Clinton or whoever was in office I wonder how if anything it would have been handled differently? Our government knew of all these problems with terrorists back presidents ago it started coming up in the very beginnings of the Clinton administration. I don't really see how we could have stopped it? We are going through things we have never had to go through before or thought it would never happen to us and I'll be the first to say I don't think everything is being handled the way it should be, no matter who was/is in office. I didn't vote in the last election, didn't like either, won't vote in this election, can't stand either. But I think no matter who was/is in office, we (the little people )have to start taking more care of ourselves and our neighbors, when I stockpile, it's also because I want to be able to help my neighbors who didn't have the extra money to buy extra food, or things like that so if something horrible happened again. I think the terrorists woke us up and said there is more going on in the "real" world than we ever knew, but I also think they made us wake up and be compassionate people once again as we seemed to have drifted away from being, we lived in a very "me" "me" lifestyle, I think that has changed now, I hope. I have also learned so much more about people in other countries, and we all share this one earth, and in my fantasy world we would all live in peace But since I can't have that, I will spend that extra $3 bucks when pasta is on sale 3 for $1 and put it away so if our area got hit with something, everyone in our neighborhood could have a plate of pasta that I am cooking over the firepit outside, sometimes the smallest things make a huge difference Now did anyone understand what I was trying to say or have I just babbled on again, LOL.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jessie, Ita. I honestly don't think who is President makes a difference to the terrorists. I think with them, it's a "holy" war.
    As far as terrorism goes, I remember the mid-eighties being pretty bad. Anyone remember Leon Klinghoffer? He was the Jewish American who was shot and killed and thrown overboard ( a cruise ship) along with his wheelchair. Planes were being hi-jacked and it was a very scary time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't think people need to be so paniced they can't function or leave their home. But it does irratate me that people don't have enough food to last a week. Anything could happen, like when the electirc grid messed up, tornados etc..

It puts more pressure to stock up, for those who don't think ahead to feed their own family. I wouldn't let someone go without. So I plan for my immediate family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by KKCondrey
    Nope, not stocking up or doing anything different.

I saw the news last night where they were talking about the "Chance" of an attack this summer. The way I see it there is always a chance for one and nothing we say or do will prevent that threat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12