With the newest threats against USA, are you stocking up more?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default With the newest threats against USA, are you stocking up more?

The threat is to kill 4 million Americans. I can say I am worried. i live near nueclar power plants.

What do you wish you had in your home? Will you try to get it soon?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The one thing I wish we had is a generator. There is no money to get one anytime soon. I am not worried about the threats. That is the point of terorisim, to inflict teror, wether the threat is carried out or not.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have bottled water and things such as that in the basement. I also wish we had a generator but could make it without one.

I am no more worried than I was before Sept 11th. Just like everything else in life, if something is going to happen...it will happen whether i am worried about it or not, so I see no point in wasting my given days being scared to death. I am worried for what the future holds for my ds.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am starting to increase my stockpile of food and bottled water. I would like to get a wood stove and a generator,too. Also, medical supplies, like over the counter meds and bandages,etc.
    I think we should pray for God's protection, that's the best plan, imo.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live on THE Air Defense Artillery base for the Nation...
    They told us when we moved here that we are basically sitting ducks...
    If the "enemy" chose to wipe out any methods of "fighting back" we'd be the first hit....
    Am I worried??
    Not a bit....
    When it's my time to go, I'm outta here - whether it's a terrorist attack or choking on a crust of bread...
    I agree that the terrorists goal is to cause fear...I try not to feed their desires....
    I watched my mom go gung-ho over the Y2K thing for 'naught....
    I understand that if things went down the way they feared, she would've been fully equipped....
    I have a minor stockpile going, but it's just how I shop, nothing extra....

Call me dumb, but I'm not going to change anything I'm currently doing.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm putting my trust in God. I'm praying that the terrorist are caught before they can do any harm. I do have a bit of a stockpile, but that is because of the higher costs of gas and rising gorcery prices. I suppose I should have more water on hand in case of disruptions in services. If things got really bad, I'd just pack up my family and head over to my parent's place in Montana, taking my stockpile with me. They have a generator and a whole lake full of water. But really if it's my time to go, I'll just see my Jesus sooner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nope, not stocking up or doing anything different.

I saw the news last night where they were talking about the "Chance" of an attack this summer. The way I see it there is always a chance for one and nothing we say or do will prevent that threat. Every holiday since 9/11 they've raised the threat level, and so far nothing has played out. I'm not worried. I have faith, and that faith will see me thru anything that those terrorist want to throw my way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am concerned. I wish I had a generator, I wouldn't travel off of US soil for NOTHIN' !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This whole world is filed with such rage and hatred !
    Never have I felt that so many wish me dead.
    This is a scary situation to me. These crazies have no compunction
    about likking my young children. So much hate....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do think about it everyday - everyone of us MUST be concerned and take steps to win this war. Even if these particular terrorist are caught there will be more right behind them. It is and will continue to be an ongoing battle.

What I meant when I said we must all take steps to win this war is that we should always be on the look out for anything that makes us uncomfortable, uneasy or just plain scared. NEVER be afraid to speak up!!! I'm speaking from experience.....twice while traveling in 2 different airports (Indianapolis and in Norfolk) there were "strange" people. Several of us went with our guts - especially after a woman (white, in her mid 40's) left a backpack at our gate - she left the area. Me and others at the gate reported it and it was taken care of immediately. Don't know what happened to her but we never saw her get on the plane. It might have been nothing but then again....it could have been.

Society nowadays is not as concerned with it as we were shortly after the attacks - why? When we let our guard down is when they can get us. I just know we are in a different world now. This doesn't mean that I don't travel all the time or that I won't go and visit the DC area or other "big" events. It just means I'm more aware of my surroundings and if something isn't right to me I leave.

We can't let them know we are scared and stocking up for something bad. We can't be fearful....it just means they are winning and they will not win!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will not live in fear of these attacks. I am more aware of what goes on around me more than ever, but I refuse to live my life hiding inside thinking what if......It's a shame the world has come to this, but honestly I think it will be a very long time before this comes to a stop, and I think there will be more very sad days to come, but we are not doing anything more than what we usually do, we usually do have a good supply of food, but that is because of snow weather during the winter, storms during the summer etc. I'm more fearful of mothernature lately than any terrorist

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We live in earthquake country and have always kept provisions and emergency supplies. Friends used to make jokes about my constant state of readiness but after the Loma Prieta quake our power and phones were out for 4 days - we had 20 or so friends camping out in our front yard. I cooked up huge batches of "earthquake stew" and fed SO many, couldn't have done it without my stock. Since then, we have bought a generator.

We are not afraid, just prepared.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, I'm not. I am very aware of what goes on in my community and will not hesitate the call the mp's if something is weird. I am continuing to live my life the same way as always.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just praying for the safety of you all!
    Julia

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thriftywife....My coworkers made fun of me when I was preparing for Hurricane Isabel. I was over prepared - which isn't a bad thing. When she hit - and she hit hard a lot of them didn't have much and were without power for a week or more. I don't have a generator and by the time I had even thought about it they were all sold out. It wasn't too bad....I have gas heat/water so the only thing I missed out on was the computer and tv. I was still able to take hot showers and cook - thank goodness!!! Others were not so fortunate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Daphne,
    Good thing you had gas for heat/cooking during the hurricane! We had to shut off our gas because of the danger of leaks that could cause a fire. We did our cooking outside, using our camp stove and bottled propane. Our plan was to go to wood on the BBQ when the propane was gone - luckily everything was back on before we ran out. We put all food that would freeze into the big freezer so it would last as long as possible. We tried to use up the fridge food first, stuff like milk and eggs that couldn't last long got used up right away. I put a piece of tape on the fridge as a reminder to not just stand there with the fridge open, my family tends to stand and stare into the fridge...we needed to keep it cold. The fridge stayed cold a full 24 hours. By day 4 the big freezer was starting to defrost. We had a portable radio and a local station broadcast a nice fellow's offer to bring a generator to chill freezers for free. We called and he came right out. He also brought a small TV that he ran off of the generator. None of us had seen the actual devastation of the quake, we had been visually cut-off since it happened. I am still grateful for that stranger's kindness. It was a real eye-opener to watch the news reports! We bought the generator about 3 months later, I don't regret our purchase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast