Electric Pressure Cooker - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi!

I would like to throw a question. Which one is better, a stovetop Pressure Cooker or the electric one.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've never used a stovetop one but my memory of them from years back was a lot of hissing and jiggling on the stove. I have no idea if the newer stovetop ones are like that or not. I like my electric one (Instant Pot) as it hisses a bit while it builds pressure then the pin pops and that's it. It's quiet then till I release the steam at the end. There are a lot of safety features built in they say and while I'm sure that's true I do think some of the safety thing is just common sense so probably the stovetop ones are fine too.

I was just always afraid of them as they almost seemed alive. hahaha.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have an electronic one, two or three vintage stovetop ones, and a couple of canners. I like the set and forget convenience of the electronic one and the multiple safety features, auto shut-off and variable settings. Mine is an older one I got about fifteen years ago. I think the newer ones might have even more options on them now.

A lot of people complain about the noise of the stovetop ones, but I actually like it. It's not safe to wander far from a pressure cooker on the stove, but I can tell by the sound of it if it's doing what it should. That lets me be a little further away and still monitor it. Different strokes and all that.

I wouldn't give up either type because I use them for different purposes. And I should use them more than I do. I hate mushy food and tend to overcook stuff, so need more practice. I guess if I could only keep one, I would keep the small stovetop pressure canner. It's great for small batch canning and also cooking so is more of a multi-purpose item than the big canner or the smaller electronic PC.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Electric

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCastro View Post
    Hi!

I would like to throw a question. Which one is better, a stovetop Pressure Cooker or the electric one.

Thanks!
    Electric cookers are definitely 100 times better than stovetop. They will allow you to heat your food more accurately, and control everything much better. I use mine nearly every day, and for instance one of my favorite feature is to set it on in the morning, and come back in the evening to enjoy my meal, ready and warm.

I've been searching for some details, see this review about Electric Pressure Cookers, it might be helpful.

Have you got any brand in mine?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234