Wow!! Pumpkin Latte
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up Wow!! Pumpkin Latte

I just made the pumpkin latte that was posted several weeks ago..... I had been having a hankering for Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice latte, and since I have to drive 30 miles to get one, (and no money) I made my own..... It is yummy, yummy, yummy...... and very frugal!!!!

Thanks for the recipe, Debbie!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oooh...that does sound delicious. I am new here, but if I do a search, might I find the recipe? I love gourmet coffees, etc when the weather gets cold and this year, it will have to be something frugal !

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was looking at that one too. I'm glad to hear it's yummy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Would someone mind linking it? I love the lattes. What's funny is that every year I try those pumpkin spice lattes, I take a sip, and think "Gee, this tastes like crap!" But I finish it. And then a couple days later, I'm craving another one. Something's in those things, I swear.

I probably prefer plain, unsweetened lattes though. The sweet stuff is too much!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ooo! Can you post the recipe????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I tried this too, and it is yummy!!! I will try to link debbiepete's post with the recipe.

https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...=pumpkin+latte

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wink

Oh wow YUM!
    For those of us that like flavored coffee's here is easy way to chocolate coffee that tastes like it came from the coffee shop. Just get some hot cocoa mix ( or make your own) add it to a cup and then add the coffee. Stir well, its yum too and so easy. It really does taste like those that come from the coffee shop and its so simple and easy to do. The next thing you know you are drinking the best chocolate coffee you have had in ages. It really helps stop the crave to run off to the coffee shop. You can also add just a little vanilla to it and wow what a treat it is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did add a couple of teaspoons of sugar , cause I do like mine sweet..Thanks for posting the link, I don't know how to do it.....Also, this makes 2 reg size mug servings or 1 lg travel mug size. I also used my immersible blender rather than a full size blender....so much quicker.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by berryshaker View Post
    I did add a couple of teaspoons of sugar , cause I do like mine sweet..Thanks for posting the link, I don't know how to do it.....Also, this makes 2 reg size mug servings or 1 lg travel mug size. I also used my immersible blender rather than a full size blender....so much quicker.....

Your tips are very helpful, I wanted to try the pumpkin latte too. I just couldn't see using my blender and cleaning the whole thing, now I will use my hand blender (never thought of it before). It also gives me an idea of how much to make for two people.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You didn't find that the cinnamon was a little over-powering? I made it the other night and tasted no pumpkin and all cinnamon. I plan on making it again but tweaking it by adding more pumpkin and just a sprinkle of cinnamon on top after blending.

Inactive
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The thing is, and EVERY year I forget this, people need to be aware that, while tasty the Pumpkin Spice lattes... have no pumpkin flavor in them. They really do mean JUST the spice that goes with it.

So, I'm usually disappointed when I show up there the first time it's available and think "Mmm... pumpkin" and then get now pumpkin. But then I'm pleased with them afterwards.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, let's just say, when I make a recipe, I sorta fudge when it comes to measurements.... on the pumpkin, I used a lg soup spoon , heaping,, when it came to the pumpkin, and not quite as much cinnamon.... but the vanilla ,milk , coffee, those I actually did measure...