Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Help!! Need Pumpkin Recipes
01-26-2007, 01:07 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- Guntersville, Alabama, United States
- Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
- Rep Power
Help!! Need Pumpkin Recipes
I was given 4 cans of pumpkin and am not sure what to do with them. I made pumpkin pies at Thanksgiving so really don't want to do that. Does anyone have any tried and true recipes for bread, muffin, cake, desserts, cookies, etc.?
01-26-2007, 06:11 AM #2
01-26-2007, 02:33 PM #3
- Rep Power
Here's a easy thing to do (so easy that I do it, and I despise making sweets/desserts)
1 can pure pumpkin
1/2 can milk (I use skim)
1 box cake mix ( I use Spice cake)
Dash of cinnamon, cardamom and ginger (optional)
Lightly grease muffin tins , or a 9x13, or loaf pan (if using a loaf pan you will have leftover batter for 4-6 muffins or 3 mini loaves)
Mix pumpkin, milk spices and cake mix. Mixture will be very thick. Bake at 350 until done (time varies depending on pans used) This will be a dense, moist cake.
Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
01-26-2007, 03:52 PM #4
- Rep Power
These muffins are reallllly yummy:
Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
½ cup vegetable oil
2 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ cup white sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
4 tsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 18 muffin cups or use paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, sift together 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 2 cups sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, pumpkin, and oil. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stirring just to moisten. Fold in apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
4. In a small bowl, mix together 2 tbsp flour, ¼ cup sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffin batter.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 35 – 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
By auntie2many in forum PumpkinReplies: 9Last Post: 10-28-2014, 11:43 PM
By thriftybargainmom in forum Kitchen BasicsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-28-2007, 03:05 AM
By Missy in forum PumpkinReplies: 4Last Post: 10-25-2005, 09:31 AM
By Sara Noel in forum PumpkinReplies: 1Last Post: 10-23-2005, 02:29 AM
By Sherryh in forum PumpkinReplies: 4Last Post: 10-21-2002, 09:01 PM