Does your cell phone go with you everywhere you go?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Does your cell phone go with you everywhere you go?

We don't have a cell phone. However it seems everywhere I go, someone is talking on a cell phone.

Does yours go with you everywhere you go?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Each of us has our own (myself, DH, DD-15 and DS-13). Between the four of us we always have at least one or two, if not all four of them.

I am always misplacing mine and am the one most likely to have to borrow one from either DH or the kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have one that both of us share, but actually neither of us use it very much. I don't like to talk on the phone. We got it for emergency use when I was traveling a long distance to school each day. I carry it in my purse, but it's usually turned off.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have 4 (and are going to be adding #5). With us all on the go like we are, especially with my dd in college, I just feel better with them. I want to be easy to reach. I do turn it to silent at work, but check it at lunch, and then of course it goes off at church. I don't actually call that much from it though....usually it is job related (when I monitor a bus, it is so much easier to call the school to say we are having a problem such as no one home for a child...so that it is addressed before we arrive back. We have also had a medical emergency which I was able to reach a parent before the driver could get someone at the office via radio). It is a comfort thing for me.

I just wanted to add that it does bother me that some don't ever hang them up...I know some that are on theirs constantly....one will even talk on hers while in the bathroom....yuck!
    Last edited by khjmom; 01-24-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby and i do have them.He has his for buisness calls. I use mine when im out, we live in the country, so during the winter they are good to have. Our 2 daughters 17 and 13 do not have one.I know where they are at all times and they have to ask me something, they can wait till i get home. One thing i hate is when im in a resturant having a nice dinner and phones are going off.Plus at the grocery store and people are talking away and not moving.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile I never seem to know where mine is and quite honestly...

I am thinking of getting rid of it at my renewal in Dec. (after having one for 14 years)...I tell myself, we DID survive prior to cell phones (and many other things). Take care and God bless.
    Rhonda

Mother to 15 yo Tony

2016 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge 0/52
    Change Jar and Penny Challenge (Vacation) ?
    2016 Debt Reduction Challenge 0/?
    2016 0/$25($75) Weekly OR Grocery Budget Reduct Challenge 0/578.75
    2016 Project Done A Month Challenge 0/12
    No Spend Challenge 0/365
    Self Image Challenge 0/365
    2016 Eating Out No More Challenge 0/12
    Emergency Fund Challenge (Bill) 0/11,570.48, (Personal) 0/5,408.96

Inactive
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine does. I very rarely talk on it, though. I mostly text on it. This saves me tons of time in minutes every month and is better for the people around me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We all have one at are house. So that makes 5. The only person who had one for years was my DH and that was for work. I got a plan when my oldest started high school. She was on the softball team and it just seemed like the right time for her to carry one. Since then we have all got one. Everyone is running so many directions it is the easiest way to keep track when something unexpected comes up. Some of the rules we have are that if for any reason a phone is confiscated at school I am not going to go get it (the principal sets up an appt with a parent if you want it back). If my kids are not old enough (they should be) to respect the school rules they do not deserve one. They also do not use them when we are out to dinner, spending time together, etc. I keep mine in my purse on silent at work and check it on breaks and at lunch. The girls can all reach there father at anytime because the type of work he does his cell phone is always on and ringing. I have to admit that it feels like they have become necessities, you get so use to the convience.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine pretty much goes with me everywhere - dh has two of them and they are like his lifeline (work...)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The easy answer would be yes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine goes EVERYWHERE with me. I am a gadget geek and it really helps me to keep in touch with everyone. I text all the time and it's good to have, because I travel around a lot in the week with my 4 kids, so I'm always want it for a safety reason too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I take it, grudgingly, I hate them, I think they are the silliest things ever invented. I have a tracfone, there are rules for calling my phone and I only let certain people have the phone number. And I hate texting. My husband had to be available 24/7 for 10 years with his work and no one, unless they are a doctor or the president or something needs to be available 24/7.

Sorry, I've almost been run over too many times by people talking on their cellphones. I was almost involved in 2 accidents that happened at the same time right next to me and everyone involved was talking on a stupid phone. Liked to scared me to death! I have now talking to honking obnoxiously at people talking on the cellphones and failing to turn the corner, stop at stop signs and assorted other stuff. I scare a lady so bad a few months ago she flung her phone into the windshield....why you ask, because she turned left in front of me and I had to slam on my brakes to avoid her.

I've also been run over by people talking on them in the grocery stores.

Sorry for the rant!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one and DH has one on our plan and a blackberry for work. I often forget mine at home or forget to charge it. DH BB for work a bit because it has push to talk, which I happen to find one of the most annoying technologies in the entire world.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yep, I don't talk on it much but I take it with me in case of emeregency.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes my cell phone comes everywhere with me.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast