What's your personal "can't live without it" list? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

coffee

four tires and a steering wheel - something to drive !!

make up (don't care if it's the cheap stuff)

face wash/body wash/moisturizer

clothes (thrift store clothes are just fine)

a bed to sleep in at night

internet (wireless is fine)

a job

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning coffee
    whatever current book I am reading
    my Thermo Fork when I am cooking meat
    car
    heat source, and the obvious....water

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

decaf tea..drink it morning noon and night, gonna agree with air conditioning, my heart medicine, showers and at this stage of my life my dishwasher I run 3 loads a day through it and netflix..I'm addicted to old british tv shows
    Last edited by eanddmom; 03-06-2009 at 01:59 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can't think of material needs... most of what I need can be done some other way...

I can't live without oxygen... that's pretty personal to me... and the way things are going, we're going to be taxed on it soon enough

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

before i took up backpacking a few years ago there was alot i thought i couldn't live without but i realized that most of the items i thought were a 'must' were just a convenient luxury... having lived on only what i could carry on my back i quickly adapted and found ways to make the 'most' of everything i had for the moment....so i guess the question for me is what 'can't' you live without or what 'won't' you live without...and i found that there really is little i 'can't' live without....

as long as i have a roof over my head (a tent, cave, cardboard box)...i personally need the small enclosed space to 'cocoon' myself...and to stay dry if necessary.....

a way to get warm when its cold....i don't need to get cold when it's warm coz i have very low body temp...i don't feel the heat like others.....

food for my belly...doesn't really matter what it is....i am not a 'foodie' and only eat to live instead of living to eat...feed me the same thing everyday (as long as its not animal) and i won't care....just enough to keep my strength to get thru the day....

clothes to cover my body (so noone should have to be tortured looking at it..haha)....sweats in the winter...cotton shorts in the summer, t-shirt and some tennies or flops....i'm not a fashionista.....

water to drink and bathe in (which can be very small quantities...when i backpack i carry a cutoff milk jug attached to my pack and heat water over the fire with a little camp soap....perfect ..... (my backpacking buddies think i am wacked and a little 'over-indulgent'... haha...(and maybe they are just a little jealous coz i bathe by the fire and sing a little tune as i am scrubbing away the day's yuck...all the while checking out of the corner of my eye to make sure everyone is observing...)...

so that's it...that's all i can't live without....all this x-tra stuff around me is just clutter taking up my time and space....(does that mean i am putting it all out the the trash tomorrow...? uh....no......i've gotten kinda used to it......

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234