Done Your Taxes Yet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not yet, looking for a new CPA. The last two have been horrible. The first one was highly recommended, but was a woman-hater (must have recently gone through a bad divorce and I reminded him of her - LOL) and I take care of all the "stuff" for taxes. He was so hateful and nasty to me.... So I begged hubby to take the "stuff" in the last few times, which he kindly did and woman-hater was just peachy-keen to him.

Woman-hater retired (we've seen him with a new, much younger, woman on his arm and he seems much happier now) and his partner, "BOZO", prepared the tax papers the last two years.

Last year he had to amend what he did the FIRST year and then tried to charge us nearly $300 for HIS mistake to file an amended tax return. Which quickly found me protesting loudly in the lobby of the establishment when the bill was presented to me. I paid the bill, but hubby called BOZO and we got the money refunded.

ANYWAY - I'd like to say I'm a supporter of the FAIR TAX so we don't have to be harrassed by a woman-hater, and hope our taxes are being done correctly by a BOZO!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have our's done but won't mail it until the last day we can, we always owe since we are self employed and we owe more than I want to pay

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We filed ours (online thru taxact) on Jan 30th and they were in DH's account on Feb 6. My portion I've put aside to pay on cc's, car payment and cable bill while I'm out of work on maternity leave, and I also bought some new baby things and a Wii.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just signed off on the refund. Will mail it on Monday. We plan on applying it towards 2 credit cards ~ one will be paid off and one will be half paid off. Woo-hoo!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did mine and am waiting for my $$ which will replace my water heater and maybe the kitchen flooring. The rest will go in savings. I want to move and sell this place so I am not going to spend much to fix it up. The high property tax is not worth staying here permanently. It makes me mad how the property taxes go up while the value has gone way down. I used to think property was the ideal investment but not anymore!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I figured out my taxes and I was going to have to pay almost $1200 so I went and bought some more RRSPs so I will come out about even now. My DH is getting $38 back. As soon as I get the receipts for the additional RRSPs I will send in my taxes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours are done. Got the federal refund and applied it to my car payment...which will be PIF in 4 months! Sent the state of MO their $300. Changed our with-holdings so we hopefully won't be paying into the state next year and not getting much of a federal return.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KKCondrey View Post
    We filed ours (online thru taxact) on Jan 30th and they were in DH's account on Feb 6. My portion I've put aside to pay on cc's, car payment and cable bill while I'm out of work on maternity leave, and I also bought some new baby things and a Wii.
    :cthumbup: We have been using Taxact for about 5 years now and love it. It's so quick and easy. This year all I had to do was put in the new or different numbers. Everything was prefilled and I love how you can compare last and this years returns.
    Good for you getting a refund. Our refund was so large dh is updating his W4 so they won't take out so much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH and I got ours done and we owe $, but not as much as last year when he was a contract employee and didn't have taxes already taken from his pay. It's a downer because we already paid so much in, but such is life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I filed and got it back. I used it to pay my property taxes. UGH. first year I did not put it in my savings. ARGH!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have efiled them, but they got kicked back to us for an error. Or so they say. I can't find the error. Said something about the last name and social on one of the dependents does not match the irs. I checked social security, and they don't know what the deal is. I tried again, so we will see in the next day or two if it is accepted. I really need that money for bills.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got ours done today... I usually do them myself but last year my dh started getting a 1099 from a fellow he does some side work for. Now he qualifies as a small business owner and there were many things I was unsure about so we went to someone a friend recommended. She saved us several hundred dollars and even ammended last year for us and got us a few hundred more from that. There were just so many things I wasn't aware of... like soccer and basketball fees and mileage because we are supporting a NPO when we sign our kids up for these.

The best thing she did for us though was show us how to reduce our weekly deductions so next year we will be close to even on our return... more money week to week in our high interest account.

ETA: We are using some of the money for our family vacation and the rest is going into the EF.
    Last edited by elphie; 03-02-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did mine right at the beginning of February and got a small federal refund, owed the state $4. I didn't have the refund pegged to anything in particular since it wasn't large - it just fell into the generic money pot.

I always file early, even if I have to pay. Taxes owed are a debt and just want them out of my life so I don't have to think about it. Besides, if I waited until the very end I'd probably get distracted and forget all about it until April 19th or something. Or not sleep for two months, reminding myself "don't forget the taxes...don't forget the taxes." I always just want them done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours is done but...our foster kids birth mom filed on the kids which she was told not to do so we have to wait for IRS to sort it out. Of course she already got the money that she wasn't allowed to get.
    We did get our state deposited a couple of days ago so we are hoping that means our federal was approved. We looked it up and it says to expect payment by march 17th.
    I'll believe its sorted when I see the money in the bank. Its a good chunk of money that we can use in our savings to help take care of the foster kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

Refund was deposited today and moved right into the EF account. :chighfive:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast