Shark Steam Mop Question
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Shark Steam Mop Question

Does anyone have a Shark Steam Mop? What do you think about it. I keep on seeing them on TV and think that would be great for the floors. Does the carpet glider work. And does it really sanitize the rug. Much less clean the rug. Thought I would ask before going out and buying one.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

They are fantastic on smooth floors, but a little bit of a work-out. The wet terry cloth on the smooth surface does offer a small bit of resistance, so you have to kind of muscle it along. If you want one primarily for rug cleaning, I wouldn't recommend it. They don't clean the rug, although with the attachment, they do glide pretty well. I suppose the steam does kill any little micro-critters in there.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a Shark Steam Mop and the hand held steamer bottle for use on things like counters, around toilets, fridge, etc... I love them both. The mop works great. My floors are white ceramic tiles and it gets them spotless. The steam bottle is awesome for tough spots and in tiny spaces. I've seen the infomercials about it and can honestly say they are pretty accurate, IMO.

I got mine in March or April from Sam's Club in a combo pack for $80. Wal-Mart carries the mop only for $80.

I can't answer anything about the carpet glider as we have no carpet in the house.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've had one for several years, and also have a hand-held steam clean that was a gift. I love them both. Chemicals in cleaners absolutely KILL me, so this was a GREAT solution. I doubt you can get any safer or more effective than steam. I only use distilled water in mine (NO mineral residue that way) and don't use it on carpets, so can't give you any insite there.

You might find this link helpful:

http://www.allergyconsumerreview.com...ergy-free.html

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been looking at getting one of these. Thanks for your posts on here! It is nice to hear that some of you like the mop.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've often wondered about this too so glad to see some insight on this product.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've had a Shark steam mop since just after Christmas, and I absolutely love it! From the time you fill it and plug it in, it only takes 30 seconds before it's ready to use. I use it on my wood floors, vinyl in the kitchen, and the tile in the bathroom. Because the steam kills bacteria, it also gets rid of lingering odors on the floor that you didn't even know existed.

I have used the mop on the carpet glider. It is not for actually cleaning the carped...but it does refresh and deodorize it as well as killing dust mites and probably fleas, too.

I think you'll really like it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have had one since Christmas time and I love it. It is a work out though! I HATE the wet mops (like Swiffer). The smell gives me a headache and their is a sticky residue on the floor afterward.

I bought mine at Walmart and it didn't come with the carpet glider. But I vacuum regularly and have a carpet cleaner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just used the Shark steam mop at a client's house and I want one! BADLY!! It is awesome. So easy to use, came with 6 cloths that you just pop into the washing machine, and the fact that there are no chemicals is probably the best feature. I agree with previous posters, that the carpet glider is more for "refreshing" than "cleaning" but it is nice too. I'm researching prices now. I can't wait to buy one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one as well and I also really like it. It works great on my tile, vinyl and pergo floors. I spilled a pop on my tile floor and it cleaned it up quickly and there was no stickiness after. I don't have the carpet glider, so can't help with that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always want one when I see it on QVC. It's about $75 plus shipping and tax.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought mine online from Best Buy because it came with 6 microfiber washable pads and also the carpet glider.

Supposedly, you can remove spilled candle wax from carpet if you put the mop over the spot(minus the glider) and let it sit for a minute or two.

I just used mine again last night to mop the kitchen floor. Sometimes...if you have something that's really stuck on the floor...you'll have to go over it slowly. But, for the most part, the shark steam mop picks things up pretty quickly.

Another reason I love it is because it sanitizes. My daughter's playroom floor is wood, and she walks and crawls over it, plus she sometimes has her snack in there and will spill juice or milk, etc. I love knowing that the shark is sanitizing everything, making it a safe environment for her to play in!

I really recommend steam cleaning for anyone with kids and pets. I have the shark steam mop but I also have a steam cleaner that I got at Walgreens for around $30 that is for other surfaces as well. It gives me great peace of mind to know that there aren't dangerous chemicals around that my daughter or my dog/cats could get into!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for all the responses. I am still going back and forth on if I should buy one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm now really wanting one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by tervsforme View Post
    I have one as well and I also really like it. It works great on my tile, vinyl and pergo floors. I spilled a pop on my tile floor and it cleaned it up quickly and there was no stickiness after. I don't have the carpet glider, so can't help with that.

You mentioned the pergo floor. I just put down laminate wood flooring thru the playroom and mudroom addition I just built.
    The contractor said to keep it dry, just use a very light moist (swiffer) type cloth on it.

Does the steam mop create alot of water? Just wondering.....I assume I could use this also. I want one now..HA HA

So it would be safe for laminate wood flooring?

thanks