Passports
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passports

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Passports

Has anyone filled out an application for a passport in the last 6 months to a year? I just recently filled out and sent in my application for a passport. It will be my first one ever. I'm curious to how long I should expect to wait to get it back in the mail. They told me 4-8 weeks but the post office told me people were getting them back in 2 weeks. Also, has anyone ever applied for a passport and been denied? If so, what was the reason? I'm concerned for my passport because I had no info to fill in for my father because I have no info about him (name, place of birth, birthday).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was talking to DH a few days ago. WE need to get them as he travels internationally. He said they were taking about 6 weeks. 2 weeks sounds ridiculously fast. jmho.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I did mine, it was almost 6 weeks to the day to get it back. In order to get it in 2 weeks, I believe you had (at the time) expedite it, i.e. pay more.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In Canada they say allow 4-6 weeks for processing as well but we just got my dad's in under 2 wks. It depends on how you file..from the office its faster but not everyone has time to stand in line.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You can pay extra to get a passport fast. The time of year when you apply can make a difference. Summertime travel season is upon us, so I would think it would take longer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think a lot depends on the time of the year. We applied for ours in the middle of the summer and had them back in two weeks. We went to a mall that had something called a "County Store" and they took care of everything. Took our friends there in March and they got there's in three weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I applied through the US Consulate here in Canada and got mine back in two weeks. This was in the summertime, also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In January we just renewed two of our kids' passports. It took 10 days and we did pay to have it expedited.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just got my passport a few months ago as I intend to travel abroad and study in Scotland. It took just 3 weeks for mine. They do try to give the extra weeks in case of the hold up. But I tell you what, when I got my passbort book...it was the prettiest thing! I can't wait to fill it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We were offered to go to Cancun a couple of years ago. We had to get passsports and they told us 6 weeks, but we should pay to have them get them to us quicker. We chose not to and they came in plenty of time

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As for having no information about your father, I am going to assume that it is also blank on your birth certificate? If that is the case, as it is in many people's (including myself) in our age range, it shouldn't really be a problem.
    When DH and I flew to Las Vegas to get married, I was unsure (and very scared) that because there is no father listed on my birth certificate that they may not give us a marriage license. It wasn't a problem at all though.
    If you still have concerns over it though, you may want to contact the place that you obtained the application from, possibly the post office? I hope it all goes through well for you without any kinks... Because really, it isn't our fault our mother's didn't disclose a father on our birth certificate!
    Good luck!
    Tia ~ Slowly Drowning
    DH, Brad married 10/31/07
    Kissa GitanaVirginia RaeKiwi Louise
    Delilah Moon Posie May
    EF $0/$1,000
    Snowball
    CC#1(C1T)$1,444 CC#2(C1T2)$1,774

Truck Loan $7,[email protected]%

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiajean View Post
    As for having no information about your father, I am going to assume that it is also blank on your birth certificate? If that is the case, as it is in many people's (including myself) in our age range, it shouldn't really be a problem.
    When DH and I flew to Las Vegas to get married, I was unsure (and very scared) that because there is no father listed on my birth certificate that they may not give us a marriage license. It wasn't a problem at all though.
    If you still have concerns over it though, you may want to contact the place that you obtained the application from, possibly the post office? I hope it all goes through well for you without any kinks... Because really, it isn't our fault our mother's didn't disclose a father on our birth certificate!
    Good luck!
    Thanks. That makes me feel better. I did call and they did say it shouldnt be a problem.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by goodwoman777 View Post
    I just got my passport a few months ago as I intend to travel abroad and study in Scotland. when I got my passbort book...it was the prettiest thing! I can't wait to fill it!
    I can relate to your wanting to fill it up BUT you won't get stamps for many of the countries in Europe..........isn't that a bummer??? It is much more open now and I couldn't get stamps for some of them....I was really disappointed. I wanted a stamp for every country line I crossed!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used expedited service beacuse I was moving overseas and had mine back in just under 2 weeks. It was a renewal.

Most EU countries don't stamp them anymore. I went from Denmark to Berlin over Xmas and was never even asked for my passport.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My passport application was refused. I'm living in the states and am Canadian. trying to get a photo for it using Canadian guidelines. So it was my pic that didn't meet the requirements for the passport. ( this was a few years ago) while in Canada ( before the regulation set in to need a passport to get back into the states, I got my pic done up there and had no problems getting it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast