what do you think of Groupon, etc?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default what do you think of Groupon, etc?

I subscribe to Groupon, crowdsavings and living social. I can't decide if I should cut the cord and be truly frugal or still peruse them for deals I'd actually use. For instance, I gave a work friend who gardens a $5 online gardening class series that supposedly retailed for $179 for helping me deal with not being able to return to work. Cost me $5, no errand to run, no card to buy and it was right up her alley. I rarely buy anything from these sites but have found the occasional deal for something to do with DD or something very inexpensive I know she would like. In all these years, I've only bought things maybe 6 times.

Do frugal people look at these sites (if they know they are not an overspender)? And if so, are there others I should check?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They do make nice gifts for friend interested in subject.

I get a good deal buying groupons for Laser Hair Removal -- 6 for $100 was a real deal. They usually run $100 each, or more.

Can be nice way to do evenings out too...Entertainbook book is nice too for dining out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have in the past bought some things from there. I bought DD's ex a trip to the dentist. DD a couple passes to Monster Truck Rally w/ a BF and treated her to beer making classes w/ her Ddad when she turned 21. Haven't used it lately because we were unemployed from Feb-May and he just changed to a better job this week. So essentials only.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Groupon or similar deals are the only way DH and I will go out to eat. Dining out in Denmark is very expensive, and Groupon takes it down to about the price we think it should be.

I recently had to give back my company iPhone and was able to get a great deal on a refurb through Groupon.

Our national healthcare doesn't cover dental, so we also buy dental cleanings through Groupon.

I think if you're selective about what you buy, it can save you quite a bit of money.