Jobs??????

Thread: Jobs??????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy Jobs??????

Hello!!!! I am a mother of two and I'm on disability. I have been looking for a work from home job that is 100% online and that is free to start. I'm only needing to earn $800 a month. I need this very badly if anyone knows any company I can sign up with I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!!! And Please NO SURVEY SITES ONLY REAL JOBS PLEASE. THANK YOU

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Maybe if you listed your skill set. Are you a fast typer,crafty,sew,can you run errand or are you completely tied to the house. Is your disability such that you can register for employement thru. Ex MD foundations, Epilepsy, war veterans,etc.
    The no money strt up is also very hard.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Many companies have the technology for at home workers. I have been working at home for the last year. It is still a structured work environment. I have a start & stop time, and I actually punch in & out. I have a break time & I am required to take a 1/2 hour non paid lunch. Sometimes I have to make phone calls, so I need to have a quiet work environment. Some at home workers are required to have a locked, private room. I am saying all this, because working at home requires full commitment. Sometimes it takes more commitment than showing up at a work place everyday. The plus side is I don't have to "get ready" or make the drive everyday, though occasionally I do have to report to the office. I am also required to participate in monthly meetings via a web meeting site. I could not do this job & take care of children at the same time. I sit for eight hours a day, though I could stand if I had a standing desk, so it is a physical demand as well.
    So as you are looking for an at home job, what did you have in mind? Is there someone to watch your children so you can give your undivided attention to your assignment? How does your disability affect your ability to sit for several hours? Do you have computer skills? Can you provide a high quality computer and high speed internet? Are you a self starter? Once you have answers to these questions, you will have a better idea of if you are a good candidate for at home work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would strongly encourage you to read through the forum of supplemental income. There are lots of ideas in there.

Supplemental Income, Small Business

I also post updates on my efforts to bring in money with a side business regularly in the Money Challenges forum in a thread called Make More Money Challenge. Feel free to jump in there. I have built up my side business, which is entirely online to bringing in about $5K a month on average. It can definitely be done, though it is more limited requiring that it be free to start.

There are options though, depending on your skills and experience. So come back here and tell us more about you so we can give more helpful suggestions.

Things to consider would include home based customer service reps (such as Work From Home With LiveOps Virtual Call Center) handling inbound calls, transcription services, mturk, tutoring, etc. There are so many ways to earn money at home using the internet.

Cautions though: 1) there are a lot of scams, so investigate everything thoroughly and 2) don't forget many of these make you an independent contractor which means you are responsible for taxes. If you want to earn $800/month, you'll need to earn more like $1100/month to end up with $800 after taxes/expenses, depending on your tax bracket.